Lubin Graduate Society
The Lubin Graduate Society's (LGS) mission is to provide a forum that promotes learning leadership; fosters career advancement and professional equity; invokes innovation, diversity and creativity; and builds friendships, networks and togetherness among our graduate students.
Every Lubin graduate student is automatically a member and invited to all of our activities. We advertise our events mostly via the Lubin Listserv (i.e. over e-mail), Homer plasma screens, and through flyers we post on campus.
We organize a variety of events to help students unite and enjoy their experience at Pace.
Some examples are:
- One large social mixer each semester (approximately 75 students show up in each event)
- Summer social event for students taking classes in the summer
- Orientation social event—LGS plans and attends a social mixer for all of the new Lubin graduate students at the beginning of every semester
- Pizza nights during the semester, before midterms, and before finals
- Faculty lunches—a few students are invited to meet with some professors for lunch
- Meetings with faculty, staff and the Dean
- LGS Discussion Forum (One every semester at least!)
Our main focus is to help graduate students become acquainted with each other and involved in the activities at Pace University. We host the weekly social gatherings at 2 Rivers, the pizza nights that everyone enjoys so much, and the large social event we have every semester.
The objective of the LGS Career Program is to complement the events that Pace Co-Op and Career Services offers to MBA/MS students. Since networking is the most powerful and important tool when searching for a job each event will allow students to network with each other, alumni, and speakers
The fundraising committee concentrates on financially supporting LGS and its events.