Be a Game Changer
The way we discuss and think about sports is rapidly changing in our current political and economic climate. Stop by the PLV or NYC campuses on Wednesday, October 18, to stay informed!
For as long as there has been media, celebrities have been using their platforms to speak out and affect change—and athletes are no different. If you’re interested in a behind-the-scenes look into sports history and marketing from the experts in the know, Pace is offering two events that will position you as the next game changer:
Wednesday, October 18
Stick to Sports (PLV)
12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m.
Kessel Conference Room C/D
The Center for Community Action and Research’s Program Coordinator Tyler Kalahar is leading a dialogue on the history of protest in sports and how it informs our current debate about protests in athletics. In this session, you will walk away with the following outcomes:
- > Be able to identify three key protests in athletics from the last 100 years.
- > Identify when the National Anthem became commonplace during athletic events.
- > Outline current events.
A free lunch will be provided during this event.
The New Face of Global Sports Marketing (NYC)
6:30 p.m.–8:00 p.m.
The sports industry spends billions of dollars a year on advertising and PR to influence consumers’ choices through endorsements, promotions, licensing, events, sponsorships, and much more. Learn how this panel of pros develop and deliver winning campaigns—and how you can get into the game.
Guest speakers include Ray Warren, president of Telemundo Deportes; Christine Franklin, SVP of Octagon; and Stephen Master, SVP of Nielsen Sports. The moderator will be Ben Grossman, principal of Selhurst Media Ventures.
Admission is free for Pace University students and faculty. RSVP to reserve your place.
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial AId
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- Tutoring Center
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
Pace Law is offering a free two-night LSAT boot camp on Wednesday, June 27, and Thursday, June 28, on the Law School Campus. Register today!
Summer 2018 LSAT Boot Camp
Have you ever been whale watching? On Friday, June 8, you'll get the chance to meet one of nature's most majestic creatures—and work with NYC's Whale Research and Advocacy Organization, too!
Science at Sea (NYC)
Daniella Pajonas ’19 is the co-founder and current co-president of the Queer Society, a queerleader for the LGBTQA and Social Justice Center, and an RA on the NYC Campus. With all that experience, she has plenty of advice for her fellow Setters!