The Business of Politics (PLV)
Campaigns are costly—in more ways than one. On May 5, get a behind-the-scenes look at what goes into making a campaign successful and learn about the real business of politics.
Nearly $500 million was spent across the nation on everything from political consultants to media buys and from fundraising campaigns to digital outreach and direct mail during the 2012 presidential election. In 2016, that number may exceed $1 billion.
As part of the Hudson Valley Economic Development Corporation’s (HVEDC) Thought Leaders Masters Series and Hudson Valley EDs and MEDs initiative, we are pleased to bring you The Business of Politics on Thursday, May 5, from 8:00 a.m.–10:00 a.m. in the Gottesman Room on Pace’s Westchester Campus.
Join the HVEDC and the Business Council of Westchester (BCW) for a rare peek behind the curtain with some of the region’s most powerful pundits and practitioners, as we learn about the fascinating inner workings of political campaigns and what it takes—both time and money—to win.
- >> Evan Stavisky, Partner, the Parkside Group
- >> Bill O’Reilly, Partner, the November Team
- >> Tim Bishop, Former US Congressman and Professor of Civic Engagement and Public Service at St. Joseph’s College
- >> John Ravitz, Executive Vice President and COO, BCW
- >> Laurence P. Gottlieb, President and CEO, HVEDC
This breakfast and panel event is FREE for students with a Pace ID. Limited seating is available, so get there early.
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial AId
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- Tutoring Center
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
There’s no better way to beat the chill than by stepping under the Schimmel Theater lights! Pace’s Commercial Dance majors will be performing nine original works on December 1–3.
David Sharif ’19 is a Political Science major with a minor in Peace and Justice Studies currently blogging from Spain. He was diagnosed with autism and overcomes adversity by breaking down barriers across the world—one country at a time.
Around The World In 30 Countries
Wild about Setters Madness? Always ready to rock the blue and gold? You won’t want to miss the Men’s and Women’s Basketball home opener against our Adelphi rivals!
Bringing Home The Win