Legendary Cuban music ensemble Orquesta Aragón brings a taste of Havana to the Schimmel on Sunday, April 13.
Charanga Cubana: Orquesta Aragón
Sunday, April 13 at 7:30 p.m.
Curated by LiveSounds.org
One of Cuba’s grandest and enduring, charanga bands, Orquesta Aragón, the “Duke Ellington and Count Basie Orchestra of Cuban music” is a national treasure on the island and has performed worldwide for more than 60 years. Orquesta Aragón has been a cornerstone of Cuban culture for seven decades, playing danzón, son, cha-cha-chá, rumba, and their own styles. Their Afro-Latin innovations shaped the evolution of Cuban music for decades and they have been credited for inspiring New York’s mambo scene in the 50s, making an indelible mark on African music in the 70s, and influencing a who’s who of NY’s Latin music icons like Fania All-Stars’ Johnny Pacheco and Mambo King Tito Puente. Since 1939 Aragón has kept its focus, spreading irresistible Cuban rhythms around the world.
For $5 student tickets, visit http://schimmel.pace.edu/.
Next up at the Schimmel: Futuristic Africa on April 17: Congolese Rumba, Hip-Hop, and Funk: Baloji and L'Orchestre de la Katuba.
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Diversity and Multicultural Affairs
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial AId
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Programs and Services
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- Tutoring Center
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- President's Blog
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
We the people of Pace University will celebrate Constitution Day with pocket Constitutions, patriotic cupcakes, a discussion, and more on Wednesday, September 17.
Freedom is Sweet
Do a little dance, show a little love for the Setters, and get down to the Dance Team Pre-Audition Workshop and Tryout.
Think You Can Dance? (PLV)
Synchronized pranks and the San Gennaro festival; museums and musicals; Welcome Week in NYC has got it all.
Welcome Week Rounds the Corner (NYC)