Disabilities Film Festival (NYC)
Lights, camera, activism! This March, join the Pace Community for a Celebration of Individuals with Disabilities in Film, the University’s third film event depicting individuals with disabilities in the media.
Learn about the growing movement for disability rights in an especially positive and powerful setting at Pace! This March, Pace partners with the Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems to host the third annual Celebration of Individuals with Disabilities in Film, featuring mini-marathons of short films and a distinguished panel on the advocacy of disability rights, in the Bianco Room on Pace’s NYC Campus. Dates for the mini-marathons and panel session are as follows:
Tuesday, March 17
10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Monday, March 23
10:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
Tuesday, March 24
10:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
Wednesday, March 25
10:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
6:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m., featuring a distinguished panel on advocacy of disability rights
The festival, which focuses on respecting the autonomy and empowerment of individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities and individuals with other disabilities expressing dreams and hopes to be contributing members of society like other individuals without disabilities, will highlight largely short films from leading national and international film festivals for disability rights. The festival includes a panel of experts, moderated by Pace’s Dean for Students on the NYC Campus Marijo Russell-O’Grady, PhD, from organizational and practitioner fields on the challenges and the opportunities introduced in the films, and a discussion with attendees. Panelists include:
- Alice Elliott, Director, Welcome Change Productions
- Allan B. Goldstein, Lecturer, New York University’s Polytechnic School of Engineering
- Maria Hodermarska, Parent and Master Teacher, New York University’s Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development
- Gary Lind, Executive Director, AHRC New York City
- Evan Yankey, New York City Regional Coordinator, Self Advocacy Association of New York State
- Issac Zablocki, Co-Founder and Director, ReelAbilities: NY Disabilities Film Festival
Celebration of Individuals with Disabilities in Film is sponsored through the Dean for Students and the outreach programs of the Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems, in partnership with AHRC New York City, an organization for helping individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities, and the ReelAbilities: NY Disabilities Film Festival.
This event is free and open to the general public. To reserve seating, please e-mail or call film festival chair James P. Lawler, DPS, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 346-1013.
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial AId
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- Tutoring Center
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
April showers getting you down? Stop by the NYC Campus for a ’90s-themed festival, pop up zine fair, celebration of black artists, and many more exciting events coming up this month.
April in NYC
Join members of the Confucius Institute (CI) and the Center for Global Psychology as they celebrate CI’s ninth anniversary! There will be lectures, a reception, and a celebration to honor the cultural enrichment CI brings to Pace every year.
Celebrating the Confucius Institute (NYC)
Cut. It. Out. Dave Coulier, aka Uncle Joey from Full(er) House, is coming to Pace on Thursday, April 19! Be there for a night of some serious laughs and plenty of nostalgia.
Comedy Night with Dave Coulier (NYC)