F is for Finals
The Tutoring Center isn’t going to try to put the fun in Fundamental Mathematics, but they’re going to try to help you take the “F” out of it. Plus, other end-of-semester reviews, Library extended hours, study spaces, and more.
You may be in denial, but finals are here. And it’s time to hit the books…and the resources.
For Your Reference: Extended Library Hours (NYC and PLV)
Looking to get your study on in the Library? Both the Birnbaum and Mortola libraries will have extended hours for the final exam period.
Math Reviews: Make It All Add Up! (NYC)
That age-old myth that Einstein failed math isn’t actually true, so stop using it as your go-to excuse and head over to end-of-semester math reviews to keep from flunking finite math. Reviews will be held from Wednesday, May 7, through Saturday, May 10, and cover courses including algebra, finite math (matrices, financial math, probability, and statistics), elementary calculus, calculus I, and calculus II. All reviews are held in the NYC Tutoring Center located at 41 Park Row on the 2nd Floor. For more info, visit www.pace.edu/tutoring.
No Time to Kill: Tutoring Hours Extended (NYC)
The NYC Tutoring Center has extended their hours to help you prepare for finals.
- Sunday, May 4 and 11: 2:00 p.m.–6:00 p.m.
Library, 1st Floor Electronic Classroom
Topics: math, accounting, management, economics, chemistry
- Monday, May 5 and 12: 8:15 p.m.–10:15 p.m.
John Street Dorm, 18th Floor Lounge
Topics: math and economics
Broadway St. Dorm, 4th Floor Lounge
- Tuesday, May 6 and 13: 8:00 p.m.–9:00 p.m.
Tutoring Center, 41 Park Row, 2nd Floor
Topics: math, accounting, economics, management
- Wednesday, May 7 and 14: 8:00 p.m.–9:00 p.m.
Tutoring Center, 41 Park Row, 2nd Floor
Topics: math, accounting, economics, and management
For more information on the specific courses, click here.
In PLV, the Tutoring Center, located in room 309 of the Mortola Library, is open Monday through Friday and Sunday for students who need help in topics ranging from linear algebra to logic. Language tutoring is also available. For a complete schedule, visit the Tutoring Center website.
Paper Trail: Writing Center Help (NYC+PLV)
Are you buried under a mountain of papers? The Writing Center can help dig you out. Stop by the Birnbaum Library, 2nd Floor in NYC and 15B Miller Hall in PLV, to help get your pAper done.
Shhh: Quiet Places to Study (NYC)
Is your roommate done with school and blasting Alice Cooper’s “School’s Out” so loud you can’t think? Study spaces are available on the NYC Campus:
- Tuesday, May 6: 2:00 p.m.–midnight (Meeting Room A)
- Wednesday, May 7: 7:00 a.m.–midnight (Meeting Room A)
- Thursday, May 8: 7:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m. (Meeting Room A)
- Friday, May 9: 7:00 a.m.–midnight (Meeting Room A and Student Union)
- Saturday, May 10: 7:00 a.m.–midnight (Meeting Room A and Bianco Room)
- Sunday, May 11: 7:00 a.m.–midnight (Meeting Room A and Student Union)
- Monday, May 12: 7:00 a.m.–midnight (Meeting Room A, Student Union, and Bianco Room)
- Tuesday, May 13: 7:00 a.m.–midnight (Meeting Room A, Student Union, and Bianco Room)
- Thursday, May 15: 7:00 a.m.–midnight (Meeting Room A, Student Union, and Bianco Room)
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Diversity and Multicultural Affairs
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial AId
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Programs and Services
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- Tutoring Center
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- President's Blog
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
Have an interest in the wonderful world of computing? Let's talk about tech. Pace Computing Society is back and better than ever this semester with a new website and a series of speakers at weekly meetings from hot companies like BuzzFeed, HATCH, WeWork, and UNICEF. Oh, and free pizza.
Inside the Org: Pace Computing Society
From on-campus events like sports games and comedians to off-campus outings including ice skating and Dave & Busters, Westchester has your Winter Week of Welcome covered.
Westchester Winter Week of Welcome
A game, a show, and a little snow. NYC does Winter Welcome Week.
NYC Winter Welcome Week