Fighting Cybercrime (NYC)
On September 17, Pace and the ACCA hosts a symposium to address the top cybersecurity threats and unveil groundbreaking research on cybercrime in the financial realm.
They say crime doesn’t pay, but cybercrime fighters are making great strides and innovations in the field to bring criminals to justice and to shore up our cyber defenses. On Thursday, September 17, Pace University and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will host Cybercrime in the World Today 2015, the third annual symposium and panel discussion to address cybercrime threats and trends, from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. at the Schimmel Center on the NYC Campus.
The term “cybercrime” often conjures up the image of a rogue hacker, hiding away behind a computer screen, attempting to crack the digital code that protects the Fort Knox of databases. But, the truth is, we expose ourselves to the hazards of cybercrime each time we open our wallets. This year’s symposium will unveil groundbreaking new research on cybercrime in finance by Seidenberg program chair and lecturer Darren Hayes, DPS.
Panelists and speakers include:
- >> Jonathan Hill, DPS, Associate Dean, Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems, Pace University
- >> Colonel Timothy Lunderman, National Guard Bureau Adviser to the Commander of United States Cyber Command USCYBERCOM and National Guard Bureau Cyber Division Lead
- >> Emily Mossburg, Principal, Cyber Risk Services-Resilient Practice Leader, Deloitte Advisory
- >> Marie-Michelle Strah, Director, Enterprise Architecture at NBCUniversal
Senior Business Anchor for NY1 Annika Pergament will moderate the panel, and Pace President Stephen J. Friedman and CEO of ACCA USA Warner Johnston will deliver remarks.
Join several hundred business and law enforcement professionals, academics, students, and members of the public to hear more about skimmer fraud. This event is free and open to the public. Don’t forget to join the conversation using #cybercrime2015.
For more information or to RSVP, contact email@example.com.
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial AId
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- Tutoring Center
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
Beta Alpha Psi, Pace’s organization for career development in finance and accounting, has a number of professional and community service events coming up. Help others, and help yourself!
Beta Alpha Psi Events (NYC)
‘Tis the season to celebrate in style. Join SDACA and SGA for some holiday fun on November 29 in the Bianco Room.
Winter Spectacular (NYC)
Save the date! On December 8, head to the Setters Lounge for a holiday bash to remember.
Hooray for the Holidays! (PLV)