Futuristic Africa (NYC)
Belgian-Congolese rapper and crooner Baloji breaks it down on the Schimmel stage on Thursday, April 17.
Congolese Rumba, Hip-Hop, and Funk: Baloji and L'Orchestre de la Katuba
Thursday, April 17, at 7:30 p.m.
Curated by LiveSounds.org
Baloji is a quirky Belgian rapper and crooner with Congolese roots whose nom de guerre means “sorcerer” in Swahili. His inventive mix of rap with vintage Congolese soukous, rumba, and 60s soul grooves performed in a highly original way has garnered him a huge fan base. Critically acclaimed for his modern interpretation of Congolese music, Baloji is at the forefront of redefining African music in a savvy, modern way. He will be joined by his elegant band on guitar, bass, keyboards, percussion, and a horn section.
For $5 student tickets, visit http://schimmel.pace.edu/.
Next up at the Schimmel: Paul Taylor’s renowned Taylor 2 Company on April 24–26.
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Diversity and Multicultural Affairs
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial AId
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Programs and Services
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- Tutoring Center
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- President's Blog
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
As memories of Superstorm Sandy fade, what lessons have measurably shaped public-private partnerships in ways that bolster urban resilience?
Summit on Resilience II (NYC)
Don’t let the first time you meet your President and Provost be as you cross the stage at Commencement. Enjoy some tasty fall treats with President Stephen J. Friedman, Provost Uday Sukhatme, and students, faculty, and staff at welcome receptions on October 6 in NYC and October 9 in PLV.
Eat and Greet
She’s been Mrs. Robinson on stage and the Serial Mom on screen. She voiced the sultry Jessica Rabbit and performed burlesque as Helena Handbasket, Chandler Bing’s dad in drag. And now she's coming to Pace.
Here's to You, PPA