June/July: HR Update
Summer is in full swing at HR. Read about our summer flex hours, the employee recognition database, and what it means to be nominated for a special service award.
Summer flex hours are here again! In recognition of your contributions, the University will again offer summer flex hours this year. This summer, each full-time staff member (hired on or before May 1, 2015) will have the opportunity to take every other Friday off, for three Fridays, or the equivalent of three days (2.5 days for those working an 80% schedule) beginning July 1 and continuing through August 10. Full-time staff employees must be actively at work in order to take advantage of summer flex days.
The nominations database is open! Now is the time to recognize the hard work and accomplishments of our talented staff and faculty members.
Please join us in nominating individuals and/or teams for outstanding contributions to the University in the following categories:
- >> Diversity Award Individual and/or Team–Faculty, Adjunct, Staff Member(s)
- >> STAR Award Individual and/or Team–Faculty, Adjunct, or Staff Member(s)
- >> President’s Extra Mile for Customer Service Award Individual–Faculty, Adjunct, or Staff Member
- >> University’s Faculty Awards for Distinguished Service Individual and/or Team–Faculty/Adjunct Member(s) only
- >> President’s Award for Staff Excellence in Leadership Individual and/or Team–Staff only
- >> Outstanding Staff Contribution Award Individual and/or Team–Staff only
- >> Student Adviser Award Individual–Faculty, Adjunct, or Staff Member
Click here for additional information and criteria for each category. All above listed Special Awards have prizes.
Nominations: Your involvement in the nomination process is essential in making the special award program meaningful and successful. You can become involved in the following ways:
- Nomination Committee Members Needed: Join the nomination committee responsible for selecting awardees. Representation by faculty, staff, and students creates a diverse committee! If you are interested in participating on the committee, please contact Rosemary Mulry (email@example.com).
- Nominate an individual or team. Simply click here, complete the nomination form, and submit it by Wednesday, September 30, 2015.
Below are the dates and locations of the Employee Recognition Ceremonies honoring those who have completed 5 through 45 years of service and those being recognized with Special Awards.
Law School/Graduate Center Award Ceremony and Reception
Thursday, November 5, 2015
Tudor Room, Preston Hall, Law School 3:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
New York City Award Ceremony and Reception
Thursday, November 12, 2015
Student Union, One Pace Plaza, 3:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
Briarcliff/Pleasantville Award Ceremony and Reception
Thursday, November 19, 2015
Briarcliff Campus Cafeteria, 3:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
Service Awards: As in past years, we will be providing a choice of fantastic gifts for all honorees at each service level, which will continue to include the traditional pins and “Hitchcock” chair. HR is pleased to announce that the University’s recognition vendor will now be Tiffany & Co. If you are an honoree in 2015, you will receive a personalized e-mail from Tiffany & Co. with information on how to select and order a gift at your specific service level.
ITS is here to serve up some fresh info from the servers, including:
March 2017: ITS Connect
Students in New York City and Westchester discuss how the Pace Path has helped them make the most of their college experience, and prepare for what lies ahead.
Visualizing the Pace Path
Through a grant from the Dyson Foundation and funding from the Empire State Development Cooperation, the Pace Land Use Law Center is helping revitalize downtown Poughkeepsie.
Research: Planning in Poughkeepsie