Let Color In (NYC)
On May 1, join the Pace Community on the NYC Campus for Holi, a colorful celebration of love with authentic food, music, and fun.
On Monday, May 1, join Pace International, SDCA, SGA, and the Pace Indian Student Association for a raucous good time. Stop by the Courtyard and Frankfort Lot from 12:00 p.m.–1:30 p.m. for music, authentic food, fun, and the iconic colors of Holi. If pakoras, samosas, and lassi are your jam, then you won’t want to miss this event.
Known as the "Festival of Colors," Holi is a Hindu festival that has been celebrated across India since ancient times. Holi heralds the arrival of spring and is a time for colorful merrymaking and joyousness.
Being a symbol of spring and rebirth, Holi has roots in India’s agricultural community, however its history comes in part from Hindu mythology. Also known as the “Festival of Love,” Holi celebrates the enduring love between Radha and Krishna. Many revelers use the season to forgive and forget and repair broken or strained relationships.
Here are some tips and tricks to help you make the most out of your Pace Holi experience:
- >> Wear light colored clothing that you don’t mind getting dirty. White tee shirts will be available for the first 40 students in attendance. Shower facilities will also be available if you need a quick rinse before heading to your next class.
- >> The color powders we’re using are natural and non-toxic, but you may want to consider wearing sunglasses to prevent powder from entering your eyes. To make sure the color powder washes off easily, apply moisturizer on exposed skin.
- >> Respect others. Holi is a celebration for everyone, but it’s important to keep personal space and comfort in mind. Please keep your hands to yourself when applying colors.
- >> If you are planning to record the events, be sure to put your smartphone in a plastic sandwich bag to protect it from damage and getting too dusty from the color powder.
This event is free and open to the Pace Community. For more information, please contact Pace International Program Coordinator Majlinda Bacaj at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial AId
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- Tutoring Center
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
President Marvin Krislov reflects on last week's President’s Scholarship and Benefactor Dinner, which brought student scholarship recipients and their donors together for a night of celebration and support.
From the Desk of President Krislov
Spring is here, and so are a ton of fresh opportunities to land your next internship! Get started with Career Services on the NYC and PLV campuses March 2018.
Career Services Roundup
Want to have your voice heard? Have an idea you want to share? Staff, faculty, and students (as part of an organization) are invited to submit ideas for this year's Women's Conference by Wednesday, March 7!
Empowered Women Empower Women (NYC)