March: ITS Connect
User group meetings, electronic paperwork, webinars, and more. ITS has you connected.
Mobile Technologies User Group for Students, Faculty, and Staff
The Mobile Technologies User Group will continue to meet throughout the spring to share and discuss exciting ways that mobile devices can be used in the classroom. Please see the schedule below. All meetings will take place in the main VC rooms (Miller 16/ Civic E 319). All are welcome!
- Thursday, March 6: 3:30 p.m.–4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 9: 12:15 p.m.–1:15 p.m.
- Thursday, May 8: 3:30 p.m.–4:30 p.m.
To catch up on previous meetings visit the Mobile Technology User Group blog.
Electronic Employment Paperwork System for Students, Faculty, and Staff
ITS is proud to have developed a paperless new hire system for Human Resources. The new Electronic Employment Paperwork System will replace the former paper process to bring a new employee on board. This application will be used by Human Resources to hire staff, faculty, student employees, and graduate assistants. The program facilitates onboarding paper work associated with University policies, tax forms, and payroll requirements. This application is one of several internally developed applications which are part of the Paperless Initiative included in the University’s strategic goals. Hiring managers will be trained on the new system in the coming months.
Respondus Webinars for Faculty
Instructors: Have you tried Respondus, the latest Blackboard-add on? Respondus provides a secure testing environment for face-to-face or online courses with a lockdown browser that restricts the user from accessing certain functions on their computer during testing. Want to learn more? Consider joining a webinar by the Respondus support team. View webinar dates and register for free here.
End of Support for Windows XP and Microsoft Office 2003 for All Users
A reminder that on Tuesday, April 8, Microsoft will no longer provide security patches, product updates, and hot fixes for all versions of Windows XP due to its longstanding plans to end support for this operating system version. Please see more detailed information on the following sites: Windows XP and Microsoft Office. This change could potentially expose our University faculty, staff, and student body to undue risks since both versions will no longer be updated or patched by Microsoft.
What does this mean if you are a Windows XP and Microsoft Outlook 2003 User?
- If you are running Windows 7 or Office 2007 or above nothing needs to be done. (NOTE: ITS highly recommends that if you are using Microsoft Office 2007, you upgrade to at least Microsoft Office 2010 or Microsoft Office 2013 in order make the best use of the latest features and tools.)
- If you are running Windows XP on a personal machine, ITS recommends that you use this opportunity to update your older hardware with equipment that can support updated versions of the operating system of at least Windows Vista or above. If you are unsure how to do this, we recommend using services such as Best Buy’s Geek Squad Tech Support or something similar to perform the upgrade since ITS’s Walk-In services will not be able to address these requests on personal equipment. Click on the following links to find out the minimum requirements for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. (NOTE: ITS highly recommends you upgrade to at least Windows 7 or Windows 8 in order make the best use of the latest features and tools.)
- Emergency Notifications
- President's Blog
- MyPace Portal
- ITS Help Desk
- Human Resources
Getting up close and personal with Bono, playing with puppies, traveling abroad, and planning a wedding. We asked members of the Pace Community what they did over their summer vacation and here's what they had to say.
What You Did on Your Summer Vacation
After a 26-year hiatus, ITS Project Manager Fran Megerdichian goes back to the drawing board and the classroom. Find out how she can turn your Maltese into a masterpiece!
Staff by Day, Animal Portraitist by Night
September is just around the corner and it's almost time to race for the cure. Register today and join the Pace team in the fight against breast cancer.
Race for the Cure 2015