PLV50 Gets Roots (PLV)
It’s time to get back to your roots as Pleasantville hosts the 50th Anniversary Tree Planting Ceremony on Wednesday, April 30, to mark the end of Earth Month.
Copper Beech Tree Planting
Wednesday, April 30, 12:15 p.m.–12:45 p.m.
Marks Hall Traffic Circle, PLV
In 1962, Wayne Marks ’28, vice chairman of the General Foods Corporation, and his wife Helen, donated their sprawling home on Bedford Road in Pleasantville to Pace. This event was the impetus behind Pace’s expansion to Westchester. However, there was one string attached to the gift; an informal understanding that the gigantic copper beech tree near the house would remain undisturbed. Though it remained undisturbed and thriving for the better part of 50 years, the tree had ceased to thrive and had to be removed this past fall.
On April 30, we honor the promise we made to the Marks family and recommit Pace to another 50 years in Pleasantville with the planting of a brand new copper beech tree.
Senior VP and COO for the Westchester Campus Bill McGrath will lead the ceremony.
And don’t forget: If you are snapping photos and sharing them on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, be sure to use #PLV50!
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Diversity and Multicultural Affairs
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial AId
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Programs and Services
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- Tutoring Center
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- President's Blog
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
We the people of Pace University will celebrate Constitution Day with pocket Constitutions, patriotic cupcakes, a discussion, and more on Wednesday, September 17.
Freedom is Sweet
Do a little dance, show a little love for the Setters, and get down to the Dance Team Pre-Audition Workshop and Tryout.
Think You Can Dance? (PLV)
Synchronized pranks and the San Gennaro festival; museums and musicals; Welcome Week in NYC has got it all.
Welcome Week Rounds the Corner (NYC)