Join the Wilson Center for the fifth annual True Partnerships discussion, featuring a conversation with the New York Women's Foundation on the Young Women's Initiative, the nation’s first-ever initiative dedicated to young women of color.
True Partnerships: Best Practices in Collaborations for Social Impact, a Conversation with the New York Women’s Foundation
Wednesday, September 13, 2017
6:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m.
Bianco Room, NYC Campus
The event will showcase the result of a cross-sector partnership between young women of color, local government, community organizations, and philanthropy—the Young Women's Initiative. The nation’s first-ever initiative dedicated to young women of color, the Young Women’s Initiative (YWI) supports young women in overcoming systemic racial and gender inequality and to improving life outcomes in economic security and justice, education, health, and safety.
Through this collaboration, the YWI has secured new philanthropic funding for programs targeting girls, young women, and trans/gender-fluid youth of color in New York City, making for a historic commitment of $20 million for girls and young women of color. Hear first-hand from the change makers involved in this exciting partnership!
Guest speakers include:
- + Melissa Mark-Viverito, NYC Council Speaker
- + Danielle R. Moss, PhD, Co-Chair of the NYC Council’s Young Women’s Initiative and President of Black Agency Executives
- + Ana Oliveira, President and CEO of the New York Women's Foundation
The event is free and open to the Pace Community and public. RSVP now.
About the Helene and Grant Wilson Center for Social Entrepreneurship: The Wilson Center was created in 2005 to serve the nonprofit and social enterprise community and Pace University. Devoted to honing the risk-taking spirit and managerial skills of nonprofit organizations and social ventures, the Center was launched with a pledge from Helene and Grant Wilson, Boston-area entrepreneurs and philanthropists whose philanthropic endeavors convinced them that entrepreneurial management can help social ventures increase their impact.
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial AId
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- Tutoring Center
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
Beta Alpha Psi, Pace’s organization for career development in finance and accounting, has a number of professional and community service events coming up. Help others, and help yourself!
Beta Alpha Psi Events (NYC)
‘Tis the season to celebrate in style. Join SDACA and SGA for some holiday fun on November 29 in the Bianco Room.
Winter Spectacular (NYC)
Save the date! On December 8, head to the Setters Lounge for a holiday bash to remember.
Hooray for the Holidays! (PLV)