70 million were affected by cyber crime during the Target breach this holiday season—that’s about a quarter of the U.S. population. On April 3, Pace hosts a symposium to address the top cybersecurity threats and unveil groundbreaking research on skimmer scams.
They say crime doesn’t pay, but cybercrime like ATM skimming empties our bank accounts by more than a billion dollars each year. On Thursday, April 3, Pace University and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will host Cybercrime in the World Today 2014, the second annual symposium and panel discussion to address cybercrime threats and trends, from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. in the Schimmel Theatre on the NYC Campus.
The term “cybercrime” often conjures up the image of a rogue hacker, hiding away behind a computer screen, attempting to crack the digital code that protects the Fort Knox of databases. But, the truth is, we expose ourselves to the hazards of cybercrime each time we open our wallets. This year’s symposium will unveil groundbreaking skimmer research by Seidenberg program chair and lecturer Darren Hayes, DPS, in the wake of sophisticated data security threat, including the recent Target breach.
Panelists and speakers include:
- Vincent Tophoff, Senior Technical Manager, International Federation of Accountants;
- Charles F. Gilgen, Supervisory Special Agent, Federal Bureau of Investigation;
- Bernadette Gleason, North America eCrime Laboratory Manager at Citi; and
- Robert A. Zandoli, Senior VP, Global Chief Information Security Officer at AIG.
Associate Dean and Director of Special Programs and Projects at the Seidenberg School Jonathan Hill, DPS, will moderate, and VP of Strategic Initiatives at Pace Robert GM Keating and Executive District Attorney and Chief of the Investigation Division David Szuchman will deliver remarks.
Join several hundred business and law enforcement professionals, academics, students, and members of the public to hear more about skimmer fraud.
To learn more and to RSVP, click here.
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial AId
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- Tutoring Center
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
Join the Lubin School of Business for the One Day Immersion Conference in media, entertainment, and technology—featuring Chairman and CEO of Time Warner Jeff Bewkes—on Friday, October 20, in NYC.
Get Immersed (NYC)
From drag BINGO to an evening at the famed Nuyorican Poets Cafe, the LGBTQA and Social Justice Center has a sizzling series of September events.
Proud for Pride (NYC)
Relax—because the relaxation room is re-opening! Join the PLV Community for that SPActacular event and many more in the latest round of 50 Days and 50 Nights.
50/50 Cruises Onward (PLV)