Speak Up for a Speaker
Hillary Clinton, Jackie Robinson, Gloria Steinem, Christopher Reeve. These are just a few of the unique Commencement speakers and honorary degree recipients that have addressed Pace graduates in years past. Got a suggestion or nomination for 2015? Get it in by September 15!
Although Commencement 2014 was barely three months ago, it is now time to begin the nomination process for speakers and honorary degree recipients for the University's 2015 Commencement ceremonies. An honorary doctorate is one of the highest honors Pace can bestow on an individual, so it is incumbent on all of us to nominate and ultimately select recipients of true distinction.
Please consider nominating a candidate. In general, nominees fall into one or more of the following categories:
- + A positive role model and outstanding individual who publicly demonstrates thoughtfulness and deeds worthy of honor in a regional, national, or global context;
- + A creative writer or artist; a shaper of ideas and opinions in today's society; a significant contributor to an academic discipline; or an entrepreneur, whose voice, through any medium, is aligned with the role of higher education in today's society;
- + An individual with professional or personal accomplishment that reflects Pace's mission of Opportunitas; or
- + Alumni and others who have contributed to the civic, cultural, or philanthropic life of Pace or the community in a significant way.
You may review a list of previous honorees at http://www.pace.edu/commencement/previous-honorary-degree-recipients.
If you have a candidate who meets any one of these criteria, you are invited to complete the nomination form. It will be reviewed by the Honorary Degree Recipient Committee chaired by Sue Maxam, EdD, assistant vice president for undergraduate education.
Submit your nominations by Monday, September 15, 2014. If you have any questions, please contact Sue Maxam directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial AId
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- Tutoring Center
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
It’s time to hit the books! Check out the following extended hours for the Mortola and Birnbaum Library, make sure you pack up your borrowed textbooks, and get ready to meet a few therapy doggos. All leading up to finals!
And the award goes to...you! From the 6th Annual Lavender Awards to the Setters Leadership Gala, we’re honoring your commitment to the Pace Community. Let’s celebrate, #PaceU!
Upcoming Awards Ceremonies
Michaiyla Carmichael ’21 is a political science major finishing up her first year on the NYC Campus, and she already debuted her original designs at Harlem Fashion Week.
First Year Fashion Icon