Speak Up for a Speaker
Hillary Clinton, Jackie Robinson, Gloria Steinem, Christopher Reeve. These are just a few of the unique Commencement speakers and honorary degree recipients that have addressed Pace graduates in years past. Got a suggestion or nomination for 2015? Get it in by September 15!
Although Commencement 2014 was barely three months ago, it is now time to begin the nomination process for speakers and honorary degree recipients for the University's 2015 Commencement ceremonies. An honorary doctorate is one of the highest honors Pace can bestow on an individual, so it is incumbent on all of us to nominate and ultimately select recipients of true distinction.
Please consider nominating a candidate. In general, nominees fall into one or more of the following categories:
- + A positive role model and outstanding individual who publicly demonstrates thoughtfulness and deeds worthy of honor in a regional, national, or global context;
- + A creative writer or artist; a shaper of ideas and opinions in today's society; a significant contributor to an academic discipline; or an entrepreneur, whose voice, through any medium, is aligned with the role of higher education in today's society;
- + An individual with professional or personal accomplishment that reflects Pace's mission of Opportunitas; or
- + Alumni and others who have contributed to the civic, cultural, or philanthropic life of Pace or the community in a significant way.
You may review a list of previous honorees at http://www.pace.edu/commencement/previous-honorary-degree-recipients.
If you have a candidate who meets any one of these criteria, you are invited to complete the nomination form. It will be reviewed by the Honorary Degree Recipient Committee chaired by Sue Maxam, EdD, assistant vice president for undergraduate education.
Submit your nominations by Monday, September 15, 2014. If you have any questions, please contact Sue Maxam directly at email@example.com.
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial AId
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- Tutoring Center
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
President Krislov welcomes the Pace Community back for the spring 2018 semester and shares his thoughts on a brighter 2018, big wins in academics and athletics, and his super-cool Cafeteria Karaoke event.
Welcome Back from President Krislov
Now that winter break has come to a close and Spring 2018 is in full swing, the PLV Campus is back at it with more amazing events!
Back to the 50/50
This February, the PLV and NYC campuses will be visited by two seminal speakers in honor of Black History Month: Yusef Salaam and Marc Lamont Hill, PhD.
Black History Month 2018