As You Like It (NYC)
All the world’s a stage, and all the men and women at Pace's School of Performing Arts are merely playing one of Shakespeare’s classic comedies in upcoming performances of "As You Like It" in the Schimmel.
Pace's School of Performing Arts is at it again with multiple performances of As You Like It, one of Shakespeare’s most classic plays, in the Schimmel Center.
As You Like It is a comedy by William Shakespeare that follows its heroine, Rosalind, as she flees persecution in her uncle's court, accompanied by her cousin Celia to find safety and, eventually, love in the Forest of Arden. Orlando, who has experienced a “love at first site” moment with Rosalind earlier, has also fled persecution from his brother Oliver and the usurping Duke Ferdinand from the same court. In the forest, all the runaways encounter a variety of memorable characters, such as the melancholy traveler Jacques, who speaks many of Shakespeare's most famous speeches (such as "All the world's a stage" and "A fool! A fool! I met a fool in the forest"); Duke Senior, Rosalind’s banished father; a band of musicians; some fantastically entertaining “country folk;” and the powers of Love and Nature. Rosalind, disguised as a man, Ganymede, encounters Orlando in Arden and many “wonders” ensue.
Performances will be held on the following dates and times:
- Wednesday, November 12 | 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, November 13 | 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, November 14 | 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, November 15 | 2:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, November 16 | 2:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Tickets are available to students for just $6. Click here for more information and to purchase tickets.
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial AId
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- Tutoring Center
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
There’s no better way to beat the chill than by stepping under the Schimmel Theater lights! Pace’s Commercial Dance majors will be performing nine original works on December 2 and 3.
David Sharif ’19 is a Political Science major with a minor in Peace and Justice Studies currently blogging from Spain. He was diagnosed with autism and overcomes adversity by breaking down barriers across the world—one country at a time.
Around The World In 30 Countries
Wild about Setters Madness? Always ready to rock the blue and gold? You won’t want to miss the Men’s and Women’s Basketball home opener against our Adelphi rivals!
Bringing Home The Win