Degree Works project kickoff announcement to the University community by the OSA Degree Audit Team.
January 22th - March 1st
Program Worksheet Validation
● OSA Degree Audit and Academic Teams work on verification and validation of the academic curricula for all individual academic programs as outlined in the 2009-11 Academic Catalog.
● This information will be used to build curricula in Degree Works against which the automated audits will be compiled for the May 2014 graduating class. It is imperative that this information is accurate.
March 1st - April 1st
Banner Program/Major Code Validation
● OSA Degree Audit Team compiles the list of the valid Academic Program Codes including Majors, Minors, and Concentrations.
● These codes will be used to identify individual specific programs in Degree Works, and again accuracy is highly important.
● It is also important that there is only one valid code for each program, major, minor, and concentration and that every program, major, minor and concentration offered has a code attached to them.
● Cooperation and partnership with individual academic departments is essential to the success of this phase.
● Finalized list of programs and corresponding curriculum worksheets submitted to Ellucian by the OSA Degree Audit Team after being approved by the Academic Team.
March 1st - April 1st
Hardware Assessment and Configuration
● ITS Team works with our server and database vendors on purchasing, installing and configuring necessary hardware.
May 20th - 24th (TENTATIVE)
● ITS Team works closely with Ellucian on providing them with the necessary access to the University Systems. Initial Degree Works software installation takes place.
May 13th - July 5th
● Initial Scribing Process for all programs is performed by Ellucian.
July 8th - 12th
Post Scribing Review and Training
● Training Process Kick off
July 15th - 19th
End User Documentation and Facilitation
● End User (Students, Faculty, Staff) documentation is created by the OSA Degree Audit team.
● Degree Works account provisioning completed by the ITS team, creating necessary access for all End User groups.
July 22nd - 26th
● First Training Session
July 29th - August 2nd
Final Product Review Process
● OSA Degree Audit, Academic, and ITS teams test drive and review the Degree Works build results.
August 5th - 9th
● Interface look and feel refined and branded for Pace University markings by the ITS team.
August 12th - August 16th
● OSA Degree Audit Team performs extensive testing covering individual Schools, Degrees and Concentrations and makes additions and alterations as required.
August 19th - 23rd
Focus Groups (First Round)
● Student, Faculty, and Staff Focus Groups are created to test Degree Works from the End User standpoint so that OSA Degree Audit team can record and correct potential issues.
August 26th - 30th
Reporting Needs Assessment
● Reporting Needs assessment performed by the OSA Degree Audit Team.
September 16th - 20th
● Second Training Session
● Go Live Date for the Degree Works utilization by the University Community.
October 14th - 18th
Focus Groups (Second Round)
● Further testing done by the Student, Faculty and Staff focus groups, so that additional refinements can be made to the final product.
October 21st - 25th
● Final Training Session
November 11th – 15th
Town Hall Meetings
● Town Hall meetings scheduled to gauge University Community response to Degree Works.