PAX Proposed Vision, Mission and Outcomes for Advising
Pace University strives to be a leader and innovator in academic advising among private institutions by providing consistent, comprehensive training, support and development programs.
Pace University’s academic advising is a dynamic, collaborative process empowering students to develop academic, career, personal and life goals. Students learn to identify and take advantage of the university’s diverse resources, services and program opportunities. Through self-reflection, critical thinking and academic exploration, students create an individualized educational plan to succeed in a global society.
- Develop academic, career, personal, and life goals
- Understand and fulfill academic requirements to complete degree program
- Reflect on personal values as they relate to aspirations
- Create and regularly evaluate individualized educational plan and progress
- Navigate and take advantage of university resources, services and program opportunities based on individual and professional needs
- Know university policies and procedures
- Explore and experience the connectedness between formal learning, citizenship and service
- Become self-reflecting, critical thinkers necessary for successful professionals and leaders
- Take responsibility and a proactive role in decision making process
- Realize the importance of liberal learning as a strong foundation for the professions
- Recognize advising is a teaching and learning process
- Provide accurate and timely information to assist in making informed educational decisions