During the past year, a cross-campus University committee has been looking at the sophomore year experience. As part of its commitment to student-centeredness, Pace wants to make sure that its sophomores have an exciting and enriching year. The committee - the Sophomore Experience Team (SET) - has been working with offices and programs throughout the University to see that our sophomores receive the information they need and are as connected to the University as possible.
You made a great start as freshmen. Now we want to build on that momentum and carry it through your second year at Pace. Many things have been planned for the year ahead, but it’s your participation and involvement that can make them great! Some of what we have been working on is mentioned below. Others things will be noted on this sophomore website as we move through the year, so make sure to check it regularly. Some of the opportunities available include:
- A website specifically designed for sophomores
- Annual Sophomore Kick-Off event to welcome second year students back to campus
- A newsletter for 2nd semester freshmen and for 1st semester sophomores
- Readily available information for sophomores about how to contact their sophomore year advisor
- A discipline-based pilot course connecting sophomores and transfer students to faculty in their chosen field
- Informal mentoring opportunities
- Programs for students to connect with advisors and learn about major and minors
- A series of information sessions for fall and spring semester involving University offices such as the Tutoring Center, the Writing Center, the Counseling Center, Co-op and Career Services and other valuable resources
- A 2-credit pass/fail elective course called Exploring Majors and Careers
- Annual induction of new members into Lambda Sigma, the national sophomore honors society
We welcome any feedback you have on these along with any suggestions you might have for future programs or events. Please email these to Allyson King at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to hear from you and to see you around campus!