Suggested Guide to Your Sophomore Year
Pace University is committed to fostering student success throughout each student's educational journey. Below are suggestions for your sophomore academic year. Please talk with your Academic Advisor about using this plan to make the most out of your sophomore year at Pace!
- Continue working with your Advisor to take core courses that will help you develop transferable skills and become more well rounded.
- Work on your E-portfolio if you have chosen to do one.
- Become active in campus organizations and clubs.
- Get involved in student government, maybe even run for office.
- Become a student leader by being a peer leader, peer tutor, or orientation leader and investigate leadership development programs offered at the University including ones provided by Student Development and Campus Activities, Center for Academic Excellence and Center for Community Action and Research.
- Attend career seminars and special topic workshops.
- Meet with a Co-op Counselor to explore Co-op internship opportunities in your field of interest.
- Work with your Co-op Counselor to develop a resume and apply for internships.
- Participate in volunteer or civic engagement activities through the Center for Community Action and Research.
- Plan to declare your major (and possibly a minor) at the end of your 2nd semester if you have not already done so.
- Meet with an Academic Advisor in Academic Resources to explore majors and minors.
- Seek out a Faculty Advisor.
- Consider applying to the Pforzheimer Honors College if your QPA is 3.5 or above.
- Petition for membership in a national honor society.
- Consider contacting International Programs and Services to plan for a study abroad experience in your junior year.