Partnership for Advising Excellence (PAX)
Welcome to Academic Advising at Pace University. This website is brought to you through the Partnership for Advising Excellence (PAX) and the efforts of many professional staff and faculty interested in making academic advising an informative and gratifying experience for everyone at Pace.
This site is divided into two sections: one for Advisors and one for students. Please explore this site and all that it has to offer; we encourage any feedback for enhancements. Successful advising is truly a partnership (hence the PAX name), and we are proud of our advising at Pace!
If you have questions or comments about advising at Pace, please do not hesitate to contact me at: email@example.com.
Sue Maxam. Ed.D.
Assistant Vice President for Undergraduate Education
Pace University's academic advising is a dynamic, collaborative process empowering students to develop academic, career, personal and life goals. Students learn to identify and take advantage of the university's diverse resources, services and program opportunities. Through self-reflection, critical thinking academic exploration, and participation in the Pace Path, students create an individualized plan that enable them to succeed at Pace and beyond.
- Develop academic, career, personal, and life goals
- Understand and fulfill academic requirements to complete degree program
- Reflect on personal values as they relate to aspirations
- Create and regularly evaluate individualized educational plan and progress on their Pace Path
- Navigate and take advantage of university resources, services and program opportunities based on individual and professional needs
- Understand relevant university policies and procedures
- Explore and experience the connectedness between formal learning, citizenship and service
- Become self-reflecting, critical thinkers necessary for successful professionals and leaders
- Take responsibility and a proactive role in decision making process
- Realize the importance of liberal learning as a strong foundation for the professions
- Recognize advising is a teaching and learning process
- Provide accurate and timely information to assist in making informed educational decisions