The Office of Student Assistance is pleased to announce the launch of the Schedule Proofing System Version 2.0. This system is designed to assist you in expediting the review and editing process of the Spring 2014 semester course offerings.
|Semester||Spring 2015||Summer 2015|
|Proposed Sent||Jun 10, 2014||Jul 28, 2014|
|Proposed Due||July 11, 2014||Aug 22, 2014|
|Final Sent||Aug 15, 2014||Oct 24, 2014|
|Final Due||Oct 13, 2014||Nov 14, 2014|
|Preview||Oct 17, 2014||Dec 7, 2014|
|Tentative Go-Live||Oct 20, 2014|
Important Announcements & Updates
- 7/11/2013 - The new "Help Text" labels on the Proof Page have been added to help you understand what a lot of the data means. Hover over various text on the Proof Page, and you will see a question mark appear next to the cursor. Click the text and a pop-up will appear with a description of what you are looking at.
- The proof export is now available for Microsoft Excel. There have been some reported bugs with Internet Explorer 10, and we will continue to look into them until they are resolved. In the meantime, we recommend using Google Chrome if you experience any issues.
- Unfortunately, we have encountered several bugs with exporting a proof into a Microsoft Word document. Due to limited resources and time constraints, we will be pushing back the launch of this feature until late August 2014. If you need specific types of reports not available through the system, please contact us directly through our Feedback Form.
- Please take some time to review the New Meeting Patterns that went into effect as of Fall 2013.
New Features & Highlights
This system offers an easy-to-use interface, which provides additional features to review and edit the semester course offerings. Some of the highlights of Version 2.0 include:
- New, easy-to-use section display filters to save time finding and sorting all of the different sections in your Department
- Status updates on all proofs assigned to your Department
- Additional options to be able to review your Proposed Proof once you have entered the Final Proof stage
- A new Preview proof type that displays changes as they will appear live in Banner before official publication (instead of prior PDFs)
- An advanced commenting system that facilitates communication with Scheduling and other members of your Department
- An intuitive review process, including specialized workflow to ensure all sections get the approvals they require
- Increased access for special circumstances, including access to specialized proofs for the CAP and Honors program, as well as individual CRN-specific access.
- New advanced tools to export proofs to Microsoft Excel
- "Help Text" labels on the Proof Page to help you understand the significance of data
Thank you for taking the time to review your proofs. We look forward to getting hearing your feedback or questions.