All students matriculated in a degree program, enrolled for 6 or more credits, and participating in classes on a campus at Pace University must comply with the New York State Department of Health immunization requirements for admission (and continuation) as a Pace student.
Students enrolled solely in online courses are not required to to submit immunization records, but are strongly encouraged to do so as immunization compliance will be required once a student registers for a course on campus. A more detailed list of the New York State Department of Health requirements can be found here.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
- What are the required vaccines?
- Is the Meningitis vaccine required?
- Who must submit Immunization forms?
- What is acceptable proof of immunization?
- Will I be able to attend class before my Immunization form is submitted?
- Do these requirements apply to international students as well?
- Are there exemptions to immunization?
- Do I need to submit Immunization forms annually?
- How do I submit my immunization forms?
- Important Forms, Fact Sheets, and Links
What are the required vaccines?
New York State Health Law PHL 2165 requires that degree-seeking students born on or after January 1, 1957, provide proof of immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) in order to register for classes. These diseases can cause severe health problems.
Students must provide proof of having received:
Measles: Two (2) doses given after your first birthday and at least 28 days apart (the first dose is considered Day 0)
Mumps: 1 dose after first birthday
Rubella: 1 dose after first birthday
Or, show proof of immunity to measles, mumps and rubella by taking a blood antibody titer test.
Is the Meningitis vaccine required?
No. New York State Public Health Law (NYS PHL 2167) requires institutions, including colleges and universities, to distribute information about meningococcal disease and vaccination to all students meeting the enrollment criteria, whether they live on or off campus.
However, Pace University strongly encourages that first-year resident students receive the meningitis vaccine.
Who must submit Immunization forms?
All matriculated students in a degree program, enrolled for more than 6 credits, and participating in at least one on campus classes are encouraged to do so.
What is acceptable proof of immunization?
- A completed Immunization Requirement Form
- Vaccination card from childhood
- Immunization records from your health care provider
- High school's immunization records
- Physician documented proof of disease (proof of disease is not acceptable for rubella)
- A dated lab report reflecting blood tests proving immunity to Measles, Mumps and Rubella (a.k.a. Blood Antibody Titer)
Will I be able to attend class before my Immunization form is submitted?
No. Students will not be allowed to register or attend classes unless they are in full compliance with the requirements of the New York State Department of Health Public Health Laws regarding Measles, Mumps, Rubella, and Meningitis.
Do these requirements apply to international students as well?
The immunization requirements apply to all students who are registered to attend post-secondary institutions in New York State, regardless of the duration of their stay or their area of origin.
Are there exemptions to immunization?
Yes. The following exemptions are:
- A student may be permanently or temporarily exempted from any or all of the required immunizations for medical reasons.
- A student may be exempt from any or all of the required immunizations for religious reasons.
- Students who were born prior to January 1, 1957, are exempt from the MMR requirements.
- The law does not apply to students enrolled for fewer than six semester hours.
- Students registered for online courses only and who do not meet on campus are not required to meet the immunization requirements.
Also, all requests for exemptions are to be reported on the Immunization Requirement Form.
Do I need to submit Immunization forms annually?
No. Once in compliance, additional information is not required.
How do I submit my immunization forms?
Students can submit forms:
- By Mail: Pace University OSA- Immunization Compliance One Pace Plaza New York, NY 10038
- By Fax: (914) 989-8309 (include name, student ID number and telephone number)
Important Forms, Fact Sheets, and Links
Students that have additional questions about immunization can go to Questions and Answers for more information.
- Immunization Requirement Form (PDF)
- Meningitis-Only Compliance Form
- Immunization Record Request Form
- NYS Department of Health Requirements
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Info on Vaccines
- Info on Meningococcal Meningitis