QandA for Parents
Q & A: Pace Parents Want to Know
We asked parents and family members to tell us what they want to read about in this newsletter, and we received quite a few responses. Many of the top requests—contact information, event calendars, nearby hotels, and support services—are now permanent fixtures in our design. We will also answer a few more specific questions in depth in each issue. Here are this issue’s top three concerns.
We know that the security and safety of students on campus are the highest concerns to parents and family members, and we want to assure you that student safety is our top priority too. Although no university can guarantee absolute safety, Pace takes a comprehensive approach to protecting our students at both our Westchester and New York City campuses.
- Our professional in-house security staff has many years of law enforcement and private security experience, and a top-notch uniformed security guard company works under its direction.
- We require all students, faculty, and staff to carry or wear their IDs at all times and to cooperate if asked for ID by a security officer.
- Our electronic emergency alert system (Pace Emergency Alert System) delivers emergency messages from Pace to students’ cell phones and PDAs.
- Our Security Awareness Program uses the Pace Intranet and school newspapers to send alerts, update information, and furnish tips on safety and security.
- We are also in the process of installing an electronic security system that will include closed circuit television cameras, intrusion alarms, card access readers, and an emergency communication system.
For more information about student safety and security at Pace, please visit the Safety & Security department's Web site.
Inside the Actors Studio at Pace
Many Pace parents are fans of the Bravo television channel’s Inside the Actors Studio and its host James Lipton, but not everyone knows the show is actually a class for students in our Actors Studio MFA program at Dyson College of Arts and Sciences.
Tickets to tapings are hard to get, but members of the Pace community (students, faculty, staff, and alumni) are eligible for free admission on a standby basis. Eligible students with proper ID may also bring one non-Pace guest. For details about tapings and ticket availability, click here.
Pace’s Westchester campus is home to 19 NCAA Division II sports teams, including:
- Men’s Sports: baseball, basketball, cross country, football, golf, lacrosse, swimming and diving, tennis, and track and field
- Women’s Sports: basketball, cheerleading, cross country, equestrian, golf, soccer, softball, swimming and diving, tennis, and track and field
Pace also offers intramural programs in water polo, indoor soccer, basketball, volleyball, flag football, and three-on-three basketball tournaments.
All Pace students and family members are invited to attend our home games—please help us cheer our Pace Setters to victory! For more information and game schedules, please visit the Pace Athletics Web site.