Q&A for Parents
With Commencement only a few months away, here are some tips on where to stay and what to see while visiting your student.
Visiting Pace? There Are Plenty of Rooms at Nearby Inns
If you’re planning to visit your Pace student—and we hope you are—and you’re not sure where to stay, visit the Pace website to learn about discounts for Pace guests and find nearby hotels in different price ranges. In addition to Pace discounts at certain hotels, many have special rates for different days of the week and times of the year, so be sure to call before making your choice.
- New York City: Pace’s New York City campus sits in the heart of Manhattan’s Financial District, and options for every budget are within easy walking distance. Best Western’s Seaport Inn and Club Quarters, a members-only hotel, both offer special discounted rates to Pace University guests. Well-known national and international chains are also close by, including Embassy Suites, the Hampton Inn-Seaport, the Hotel Eurostar Wall Street, the Marriott Downtown, and the Millenium Hilton. For those who prefer boutique-style luxury accommodations, check out the glamorous Gild Hall Wall Street.
- Westchester: Although you’ll need a car to get around, our Westchester campuses are also surrounded by a good selection of hotels at different price points. Popular chains including Comfort Suites, the Crowne Plaza White Plains, the Hampton Inn White Plains/Tarrytown, La Quinta Inns & Suites, and the Sheraton Tarrytown are all just a few minutes away. And Marriott offers three nearby choices, all in historic Tarrytown—the Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh, the SpringHill Suites Tarrytown, and the Westchester Marriott.
Looking for Fun Things to Do? You’ve Come to the Right Place
Whether you’re visiting a student on our Westchester campus or in New York City, you’ll always find plenty to do around Pace. From outdoor activities to every imaginable form of culture, it’s all right in the neighborhood.
Westchester County—the gateway to the scenic and historic Hudson River Valley, offers a wealth of parks, recreational activities, cultural events, and tours of interesting places. Visit our website for all the details!
- You’ll find cultural activities from prestigious museums to an array of theaters, films, and dance events.
- Want to visit a castle? Westchester has three! And that’s not counting Kykuit, the palatial Rockefeller estate.
- Westchester abounds with recreational activities for every season, including nearly 40 parks.
- Interested in a tour? From May through August, you can take boat trip up the Hudson River. In mid-August you can join the Great Hudson Valley Pedal—a 200-mile bike ride. In autumn, enjoy the spectacular colors of a fall foliage tour. And any time of year, sip your way through a Hudson Valley wine tour.
- Should you need to do a little shopping, you’ll find a variety of malls with all the retail names you know.
Our Westchester campus is also a short drive from New York City attractions, including the beautiful New York Botanical Gardens and the amazing Bronx Zoo.
New York City—It would be impossible to describe all of the places to see and things to do in New York City, but our website does its best to point you in the right direction.
- Interested in museums? Manhattan is filled with them. Our website offers everything you need to plan an exciting visit and find out which museums offer your student a discount.
- New York City is known for its theatrical productions and live entertainment, and we can help you discover what’s playing where—from Broadway productions to the many small theaters tucked into every corner.
- Have you ever wished you were in the audience for the taping of one of your favorite TV shows? New York City is home to shows from The View to Emeril Live! Visit our website for information on how to get tickets to tapings. (Many shows have long waiting lists, so plan this well ahead of your visit.)
- Want to do some shopping? New York City is well known for its Fifth Avenue stores, but you don’t have to go uptown to find great deals. Our website gives you the scoop on interesting shops near the Pace campus.
- Lions and tigers and bears, oh my! They’re all at the Bronx Zoo, along with so many other magnificent animals that there isn’t room to name them. The Bronx Zoo is one of six great zoos in New York City, each one with its own specialty. Read about them all here.
- There is much, much more to do and see in New York City. Click here for details on the city’s beautiful and historic parks, here to find out how to see one of New York City’s sports teams in action and here to find out about planning a visit to New York City’s Restaurant Week, when many of the city’s most exclusive dining establishments offer serious deals on meals.
So make your reservations and pack your bags. We hope to see you soon!