Welcome to the Pace University-Lenox Hill Hospital Physician Assistant Program!
Before you matriculate into the program, there are required steps that are necessary to complete.
1. Find your username. You can locate your username by visiting http://whitepages.pace.edu/ and searching for your name. Make sure you select Applicants under Person Type before you click the Search button.
2. Make your Tuition Deposit. To reserve your space and be eligible to register for classes, you will need to submit a $1,500 deposit. This deposit must be made within 2 weeks of receipt of your acceptance letter.
Detailed deposit instructions are also available. Your deposit will be used towards your tuition for your first semester.
3. Activate Account. To activate your account, visit https://aspnetweb.pace.edu/adam/ and click on the Account Activation link in the top right hand corner of the page. From there, click on the Begin Activation button. Since you have never logged in, your password will be your initials from your first and last name (lower-case), followed by a hyphen, and then your date of birth in MMDDYY format. For example, if your name is John Smith, and you were born on January 3, 1990, your default password would be js-010390.
4. Register for classes. To be done once Summer 2 registration opens in the Spring. After activating your account, please visit the MyPace Portal at https://portal8.pace.edu/cp/home/displaylogin and use your username and new password to log in. Click on the Students tab in the top left corner of the page and select the link for Registration, Grades, and Tuition Schedule. In the new menu, select the Register, Add or Drop Classes link. The semester term you are registering for is Summer 2 2013. After clicking the submit button, you will be able to enter your Course Reference Numbers into the bottom of the page. The three CRNs you will be inputting are the following: 50417, 50115, and 50116. Those classes are PAS 505 Human Physiology, PAS 510 Psychosocial Medicine, and PAS 511 Professionalism and Biomedical Ethics respectively. Once you have entered all 3 CRNs, click the I Agree button. You are now registered for your classes.
5. Mail in Official Transcripts. Your finalized transcripts must be sent in to the Office of Graduate Admissions by June 15th. If you are still taking classes at a university, please send in the transcripts after all of your course grades are complete. Official sealed transcripts can be sent to the below address:
Office of Graduate Admission
One Pace Plaza
New York, NY 10038
6. Send in Documention of Healthcare Experience hours. You must mail appropriate documentation of your 200 hours of health care related experience to Brent Mohring within 2 weeks of your deposit. This documentation must be on company letterhead, and preferably written by your supervisor. In absence of your supervisor, you may have the Human Resources department write the letter. The letter must state the title of the position, the amount of hours completed AND the tasks performed. Information of your hours from your CASPA application is not acceptable. The documented hours may be from before or after your CASPA application submission. Only send documentation of 200 hours. This documentation is accepted through e-mail attachment or fax:
7. Submit Background Check. Due January 30th, 2013. A background check from Certified Background must be ordered. The required package code is PB80bc – Background Check Only. Please see the pdf document for instructions:Pace Background Check Instructions.
8. Infection Control Certification. New York State mandated Infection Control Training is offered online at www.icprofessor.com/icny.html. Your Certificate of Training in Infection Control and Barrier Precautions will be immediately available from the web site upon successful completion of the course. A discounted course registration fee is available to students who are enrolled in the Pace University Lenox Hill- Physician Assistant Program. The discounted registration fee is $35 (regular price is $49). The code for the discount can be accessed by clicking here: Infection Control Discount 2013. This certificate is due within 4 weeks of your deposit. We will receive a copy of your certificate from the web site once you complete your course.
9. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Training Certification. This can be done by visiting the web site http://www.hipaastore.com/ and by selecting and purchasing the Basic HIPAA Training option and then using the Training ID # you received from the purchased training and using it at web site http://www.myhipaatraining.com/. The certificate confirming your HIPAA completion must be completed within 4 weeks of your deposit and is accepted through e-mail attachment or fax:
10. Online Course Medical Terminology 201. This online course can be accessed as Medical Terminology at web site http://www.universalclass.com/i/crn/31935.htm. Choose the course with CEU Certificate ($80). All students must complete this course, regardless of prior experience or college credit. The CEU certificate must be completed within 8 weeks of your deposit and is accepted through e-mail attachment or fax:
11. Medical Equipment Student Supply Kit. Available in the Spring. You must order your Student Supply Kit to be used for your Clinical Application courses. The kit is ordered from Medical Equipment Affiliates at web site http://www.nurse-mart.com/index.html. Once at the web site, click on the Student Lab Kits button at the top of the page and from there select Pace University, or click here: http://nurse-mart.com/paceuniversity1.html. You should order one kit in your transcation, and enter your contact information. The kit will be shipped to the Pace University offices upon the start of the Summer semester. Upon completion of your order, you will be e-mailed an order confirmation. Please see the flyer for full ordering and cost information: Student Kit Flyer 2013. You must also order a Short White Lab Coat (hip length) and a conservative-colored Stethoscope with BOTH bell and diaphragm (separate bell from diaphragm, it is not acceptable to have a stethoscope in which the diaphragm acts as a bell and diaphragm). You may order these from any supplier. Patches for your coat are provided by the program.
12. Healthcare Clearance. You will need to participate in a hospital visit and must be medically cleared to see patients at the hospital. To become cleared, you must create a Student Immunization Tracking account with American Databank at web site http://www.pacepaprogramhcc.com/immunization_information.asp. Once your account is created, you will need to see a healthcare provider and have your immunization forms filled out and uploaded to your online account. Make an appointment with your health provider immediately, do not wait. Many students have not received primary immunizations, were never properly immunized and/or have never received the Hepatitis B series. It can take months for immunity to be complete. Make sure forms are completely filled out before leaving your health care provider’s office. It is your responsibility to ensure that these forms are properly completed. For questions regarding your healthcare clearance, please contact Lenox Hill Hospital Nurse Practioner Theresa Pamplona-Averion at TPamplona@NSHS.edu. The forms are availalbe here: http://www.pacepaprogramhcc.com/Pace_LHH_InitialImmunizationForm.pdf.
13. Physical Exam. You must complete a physical exam with a healthcare provider after June 1, 2013. The exam must be mailed or faxed to Lenox Hill Hospital's Occupational Health Services office. Please do not send the form to the PA Program offices or upload it to your Immunization Tracking Account. The form is due by July 1, 2013 at the following contact information:
Lenox Hill Hospital
Department of OHS - Attn: Theresa Pamplona
100 East 77th Street
New York, NY 10075
14. Pace University OSA Immunization. The Pace University Office of Student Assistance Requirement Form must be completed separate from the PA Program immunization requiremnents. This form can be accessed at https://www.pace.edu/office-student-assistance/sites/pace.edu.office-student-assistance/files/files/Forms/IMMUNIZATION.REQUIREMENT.FORM_.pdf and is due by July 1, 2013. Please return the signed and completed form by mail, fax, or email to:
Office of Student Assistance
One Pace Plaza
New York, NY 10038
Tel: (877) 672-1830
Fax: (914) 989-8309
15. Typhon Account. Available in the Spring. You will need to create a Physician Assistant Student Tracking account with Typhon Group. This account will be used in the Didactic Year to log evaluations of courses and individual lectures. In the Clinical Year, it will be used to track your rotation schedule, clinical site evaluations, preceptor evaluations, patient logs, and procedures performed. The cost is $75.00, and you will retain access to your account for 3 years.