Welcome to the Pace University-Lenox Hill Hospital Physician Assistant Program!
Before you matriculate into the program, there are required steps that are necessary to complete.
1. Find your username. You can locate your username by visiting whitepages.pace.edu and searching for your name. Make sure you select Applicants under Person Type before you click the Search button.
2. Activate Account. To activate your account, visit adam.pace.edu and click on the Account Activation link in the top right hand corner of the page. From there, click on the Begin Activation button. Since you have never logged in, your password will be your initials from your first and last name (lower-case), followed by a hyphen, and then your date of birth in MMDDYY format. For example, if your name is John Smith, and you were born on January 3, 1990, your default password would be js-010390.
3. Make your Tuition Deposit. To reserve your space and be eligible to register for classes, you will need to submit a $1,500 deposit. This deposit must be made within 2 weeks of receipt of your acceptance letter.
4. Health Care Clearance. Please follow the instructions listed in this document to create an account with Certified Profile. You will be submitting all your health care clearance documentation, as well as doing your Background Check and key assignments due before the start of the program, through your Certified Profile. Read all descriptions listed on your account homepage carefully and pay close attention to due dates. If you have any questions about requirements, please contact the Certified Profile specialists first (firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-914-7279) and they will refer any issues to our program.
5. Register for classes. Your classes will begin during the Summer II semester. You will be notified via email once registration has opened.
6. Mail in Official Transcripts. If your bachelor’s degree transcripts have not been verified by CASPA, please mail in your final transcripts with your degree conferral (date when the degree is officially awarded) to the Office of Graduate Admissions by June 15th, 2015.
Office of Graduate Admission
One Pace Plaza
New York, NY 10038
7. Send in Documentation of Healthcare Experience hours. You must email documentation of a minimum of 200 hours of health care related experience to Towanna Alexander by March 15th, 2015 at email@example.com. This documentation must be on company letterhead and preferably written by your supervisor. In absence of your supervisor, you may have the Human Resources department write the letter. The letter must state the title of the position, the amount of hours completed AND the tasks performed. Please save this letter as a PDF file titled “Last Name, First Name-Healthcare Experience Documentation” (Ex: If your name is John Smith, your pdf file will be titled “Smith, John-Healthcare Experience Documentation”). This documentation will only be accepted through email.
8. Medical Equipment Student Supply Kit. Due July 6th, 2015. You must order your Student Supply Kit to be used for your Clinical Application courses. Please follow the instructions listed here. The kit will be shipped directly to the Pace University Physician Assistant Program and distributed prior to your fall semester.
9. Clinical Applications Course Supplies. Due July 6th, 2015. In addition to the above medical kit, you will also need to purchase the following:
- Short White Lab Coat (hip length); patches are provided by the program
- Stethoscope with BOTH bell and diaphragm (separate bell from diaphragm, it is not acceptable to have a stethoscope in which the diaphragm acts as a bell and diaphragm)
- Suggestions: Littmann Classic II S. E.
Please chose a conservative color (black, brown, dark green, maroon)
- Diagnostic Kit (Otoscope and Ophthalmoscope)
- Suggestions: Any of the following Welch Allyn products:
- 97210-MS: Classic-Plus Smart Set
- 7210-MC: Classic-Plus Set
- 7200-MS: Classic Smart Set
- 97200-MC: Classic Set
Please order the supplies before you start classes to give the items time to ship and to allow you time to practice with them before your physical exam classes. Your lab coast, stethoscope and diagnostic kit may be ordered from any supplier.
10. Pace University OSA Immunization. The Pace University Office of Student Assistance Requirement Form must be completed separate from the PA Program immunization requirements. This form is due by March 15, 2014. Please return the completed form by email to: Immunization@pace.edu.
11. Typhon Account. Due July 6th, 2015. You will need to create a Physician Assistant Student Tracking Account with Typhon Group that will be used to log evaluations of courses and individual lectures. There is an $80.00 one-time registration fee. You will receive an e-mail with the instructions to activate and pay for your account. Activating and paying the fee for your account is required prior to didactic orientation.
12. Purchase of Laptop. Due July 6th, 2015. Exams for the program will be taken in the classroom using your personal laptop. You are required to purchase a laptop computer that will run the testing software Respondus LockDown Browser™. Your computer will be required to have a full operating system. Windows 8 RT tablets that run on "ARM-type" processors are not supported along with the iPad, any tablets or netbooks running Android and variants such as Google Chromebooks. For general information on Respondus LockDown Browser™, click here. For system requirements please click here.
13. Purchase of a Privacy Screen for your Laptop/Tablet. Due July 6th, 2015. When taking an exam on your personal laptop or tablet, you will be required to have a privacy screen installed on your monitor. You may buy any privacy screen for your device as long as it works. Examples of privacy screens can be found by clicking here.