Guidelines for Adjunct Promotions
Below are the Fall 2016 Guidelines for Adjunct Promotions. This information is for eligible individuals only. Please refer to the Union of Adjunct Faculty at Pace Collective Bargaining Agreement to determine your eligibility. Should you have further questions, please contact your school/college faculty load representative directly. Adjunct Faculty are recommended for promotion by their respective school/college.
It is expected that the adjunct faculty member applying for the next level of promotion, have served in his or her present rank for a minimum of three years at Pace University.
The materials required for consideration must be submitted to your Faculty Load Representative by November 28th. The Faculty Load Representative will forward your submission to your respective Dean. Approved promotions will not be effective until the following academic year (2017/2018).
School/College: Dyson College of Arts and Sciences
Acting Dean: Richard B. Schlesinger
Faculty Load Representative: Suzanne Roberts
School/College: College of Health Professions
Dean: Harriet Feldman
Faculty Load Representative: Stacie Cignarale
School/College: Lubin School of Business
Dean: Neil Braun
Faculty Load Representative: Carmen Franco
School/College: School of Education
Dean: Xiao-lei Wang
Faculty Load Representative: Anna Fishman
School/College: Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems
Dean: Jonathan Hill
Faculty Load Representative: Fran O’Gara
Required Material To Be Submitted By Adjuncts (Deadline: November 28Th)
Completed promotion applications (originals) must be in the Dean’s Office no later than November 28th with the following information:
- Letter of Intent – brief memo indicating that you are applying for a promotion
- Completed Fact Sheet Form
- Current Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- 2-3 Letters of Recommendation from sources other than the Chair
- Evaluation of Promotion Recommendation Form(s) from the Department Chair
- A teaching portfolio that contains teaching philosophy and pedagogy, appropriate use of technology, assessment of learning outcomes, and evidence of student learning, (include student evaluations tallies and comments, and peer evaluations)
Candidates will be notified of the Dean’s decision in May.
These guidelines do not apply for the adjunct faculty at the Law School.