Office of Planning, Assessment, and Institutional Research
Mission and Goals
The mission of the Office of Planning, Assessment, and Institutional Research is to anticipate and respond to both the University's external demands for data and analysis and to facilitate decision-making at all levels of the institution, to provide analytical studies of important issues facing the University; and to enrich the quality of higher education provided by the University. The goals and objectives of OPAIR are:
- To develop a set of strategic indicators that will facilitate comparable analyses with other institutions of higher learning.
- To facilitate the creation of a planning and assessment culture throughout the University.
- To build connections and support for the various decisions and activities of the senior officers, faculty, and staff throughout the University.
- To provide accurate analytical studies of critical issues facing the University.
- To measure the overall effectiveness of the University's prime mission: to provide high quality undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education.
- To be a general resource for information and analyses of issues in higher education.
- To assist in the development and implementation of assessment throughout the University.
- To coordinate University assessment activities.
- To establish a respected professional office to accomplish the many demands placed on it for information and analyses.
- To continuously upgrade the skills and professional experience of the staff of the office through professional development.
- To create a state-of-the-art office with the latest computer and information systems.
- To help foster a University learning environment.