Call for Presenters for the Ensuring Learning for All Students Conference
Pace University School of Education, in collaboration with Putnam-Northern Westchester BOCES Curriculum Center, Rockland BOCES, Southern Westchester BOCES and the Lower Hudson RSE-TASC, are sponsoring a conference on Ensuring Learning for All Students: Sharing Successful Practices for Students who Struggle, to:
- Share successful practices for students who struggle, with a focus on students with disabilities and English language learners
- Begin to develop new approaches to adapting and revising practice in response to student needs
- Build capacity to extend these practices
The conference will be held on May 22, 2013 at the Pace University Graduate Center, 1 Martine Avenue, White Plains, NY.
You are invited to help us celebrate your hard work and the positive impact you have had on students who struggle in your school and classroom! Please consider sharing your success story through a presentation to an audience of 25-30 people for about 45 minutes.
We are looking for presentations that include the following elements:
- Description of student population
- Clear description of learning problem
- Clear description of strategy employed
- Initial student learning data
- Data that demonstrates impact of strategy
- Reflection and implications for practice
The Presenter Proposal form may be accessed and downloaded here (as a Word document). Proposals may be submitted by teachers, related service providers, administrators, and school teams. Please submit this form by February 4, 2013 to Fran Wills at email@example.com we will notify you of the status of your proposal by February 20, 2013.
We are committed to helping teachers share practices and would like to assist educators who are interested in being part of this learning community. If you are uncertain about your proposal or would like assistance in preparing it, please contact Fran Wills at firstname.lastname@example.org.