Education Organizations, Career References & Resources
We encourage candidates to become aware and familiar with the multitude of professional organizations and teaching resources that may help you become a successful educator:
Future Educators Association (Westchester, Undergraduate)
FEA is an organization whose purpose is to unite all students who are interested in education as a profession. Our objective is to assure that those students interested in education can belong to an organization that is tailored to the profession by providing beneficial workshops like Project Learning Tree, and guest speakers discussing up-to-date educational information, skills, and strategies that are necessary to become a successful educator. FEA is also associated and involved with National Educators Association, which is a nationwide organization that supports education and its many facets.
For more information about FEA, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pi Lambda Theta
Pi Lambda Theta is an honor society and professional association for educators. As an honor society, its purpose is to recognize persons of superior scholastic achievement and high potential for professional leadership. As a professional association, its purpose is to stimulate independent-thinking educators who can ask critical questions to improve educational policies and practices. Pi Lambda Theta's mission is to honor outstanding educators and inspire their leadership on critical education issues. As a selective organization, PLT extends membership to students majoring in education who demonstrate academic excellence, as well as to professional educators who have earned a PLT-recognized award such as certification by the National board for professional teaching standards in the United States.
At Pace University, members of PLT have a minimum GPA of a 3.7, and are either seniors and graduate students obtaining a degree in education.
For more information, visit www.pilambda.org.
- Association of Math Teachers of New York State
- New York State Art Teachers Association
- New York State Association for Superintendents of School Buildings and Grounds
- New York State School Music Association
- New York State Technology Education Association
- National Council of Teacher Education
- National Council of Teachers of English
- National Council for the Social Studies
- Board of Cooperation Educational Services
- American Association for Higher Education
- The International Reading Association
- Pace University Career Services
- Pace University Career Services Education Jobs Listserv
- New York State Education Department
- TEACHNYC (New York City Department of Education)
- Great Teacher
- CTREAP - Connecticut Regional Applicant and Placement Program
- Putnam/Northern Westchester BOCES link to OTAS (On-line Teacher Application System) Use the On-Line Application System for Educators (OLAS) developed by the Putnam/Northern Westchester BOCES. Go to www.olasjobs.org to apply online and for information about schools and vacancies.
- Educator's Ally, Inc. search and placement agency for educators and independent schools, including boarding and day schools located primarily in the Northeast, especially Westchester, Connecticut and New York City.
- My Teaching Degree Online a comprehensive online resource considering many facets of the teaching profession.
- National Center for Education Statistics
- AT&T Learning Network
- PBS LearningMedia
- New York Times Learning Network
- New York Times Teacher Connection
- Donors Choose
- Annenberg Video Programs Online
- Teachers Network
Candidates, if you have additional resources you recommend, please e-mail us to add to this list!
- New York State Education Department
- New York State Code of Ethics for Teachers
- New York State Teaching Certificates
- NYC DOE website
- The Board of Regents
- NYSED Press Releases
- Commissioner John B. King
- Office of P-12 Education
- Office of Teaching Initiatives
- Office of Vocational and Educational Services for Individuals with Disabilities (VESID)
- New York State Education Laws
- New Jersey State Education Department
- Connecticut Education Department