Phone: (914) 773-3885
- MPS Manhattanville College
- MS Fordham University
- BS Fordham University
I believe in a hands-on, collaborative approach to teaching and education. I believe in recognizing and fostering a genuine love for teaching among our candidates. I spent 34 years teaching in the public school system, and I always tell my students that the secret to success in the classroom is making connections and contact with parents to make education a top priority.
- "Excellence in Education" from WFAS News Talk 1230 for devotion to the children of Westchester, June 25, 1990
- The Journal News Golden Apple Award for Teacher of the Year, May, 1999
- The Rodney Abrams Institute for Youth Development Education Award, June 26, 1999
- The Cecil H. Parker Award in recognition for outstanding achievement as a trailblazer in the field of education (Innovative use of television and technology) in Westchester County, Black History Month Celebration, February 29, 2000 (Andrew J. Spano --County Executive)
- "Master Teacher" for WNET-TV: presenter for National Teacher Training Institute for the past eleven years. (All lessons published as Teacher Resource Materials)
- Purchase College, Science Urban Institute
- "Museums and Higher Education in the 21st Century: Collaborative Methods and Models for Innovation” conference, April 25 2013, Baruch College, New York.