- PhD, Yeshiva University
- MA, University of Wisconsin at Madison
- BA, State University of New York at Stony Brook
- Literacy for Students with Special Needs
- Diagnostic Assessment, Evaluation, and Educational Planning
- Supervision of Special Education Student Teachers
I recently returned to teaching in an institution of higher education after a long career in public education. I have worked as a special education teacher and special education administrator in a small city district in New York State for many years. In that capacity, I acquired a comprehensive understanding of the issues facing special education. I am committed to providing a quality education for all students have worked to provide equity in education through involvement in development of inclusive programs in the district and addressing the overrepresentation of minority students in special education. As a result of my extensive background in the schools, I am pleased to have the opportunity to help to prepare the next generation of teachers so that will be mindful of the issues facing the field and prepared to address them.
- “Current Issues in Special Education for Administrators in the Twenty-first Century” –Mid- Career Doctoral Program Seminar, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 2008.
- “An Examination of the Effectiveness of Positive Behavioral Supports as a Means of Facilitating Integration of Students with Disabilities” Poster session at the Annual Conference of the Northeastern Education Research Association, Rocky Hill, Connecticut, 2008.
- “Social Emotional Growth and Self-Esteem: Chair of individual paper session at the Annual Conference of the Northeastern Education Research Association, Rocky Hill, Connecticut, 2008.
- “Look, I’m in College” Poster session at the Annual Conference of the Council of Exceptional Children, Boston, Massachusetts, 2008.