Peter McDermott, PhD
Phone: (212) 346-1908
- PhD, State University of New York at Albany, 1981
- MS, Montclair State University, 1973
- MAT, Montclair State University, 1972
- BA, History, Seton Hall University, 1969
- ED 627: Literacy and the Humanities
- ED 634: Early Childhood Literacy
- ED 690: Teacher as Researcher
McDermott, P. & Lanahan, B. (In-press). Democracy and social justice in Sarajevo’s schools.The Qualitative Report (Spring 2012, publication date).
Gormley, K. & McDermott, P. (In-press). Do You Jing? How Screen-casting can enrich classroom teaching and learning. The Language and Literacy Spectrum. Fall 2011 publication.
Dermady, D., Gormley, K. & McDermott, P. (2011). Connections beyond the classroom.
The promise of web authoring tools. Educator’s Voice, IV (Spring), 34-41.
Gormley, K. & McDermott, P. (2010). Diagnostic traditions in reading. In D. Allington and A. McGill-Franzen (Eds.), Handbook of Reading Disability (pp. 612-172). NY: Taylor & Francis.
Gormley, K. & McDermott, P. (2010). How Social Bookmarking Helps the 21st Century Teacher. The Language and Literacy Spectrum, 20, 5-15.
McDermott, P. (2010). Implementation of a teacher education project in the Mwanza region of Tanzania. The Language and Literacy Spectrum, 20, 69-84.
Research, Professional Development, Workshops & Presentations:
Lassman, K.A. & McDermott, P. (2012). Using the New Literacies to Support Youth With Disabilities in Content Area Classrooms. Invited presenters at the the 36th Annual Reading Association of Ireland (RAI) Conference, Dublin, Ireland.
- Gormley, K. & McDermott, P. (2011). Screencasting for educators and students. Invited Presentation at Games in Education Symposium, Co-Sponsored by WMHT & Schenectady Community College, Schenectady, N.Y.
- Gormley, K. & McDermott, P. (2011). Using Web 2.0 Tools to Enhance Learning and Engagement in Teaching the Hudson Valley. Presentation at The Teaching the Hudson Valley, Summer Conference – Hyde Park, July 26-28.
- McDermott, P. (2011). Critical thinking in middle school classrooms. Presentation for teachers at Hackett and Harriet Gibbons middle schools, Albany, N.Y., Sponsored by Capital District BOCES.