1. What is Digital Measures?
Digital Measures is the name of the company that has developed and supports the Activity InsightTMproduct that Pace has implemented. Activity InsightTM is a secure and reliable web-based tool for faculty to collect, manage and report their teaching, research, and service activities, along with their accomplishments and professional activities. Once the activities are entered this information is easily accessible and ready to use again and again.
2. Who will see my information?
Faculty members have access to their own accounts as well as immediate Department Heads, Deans and the Provost Office.
Your profile will be viewable by anyone with the link.
3. Do I need to sign up for an account?
No. For full-time faculty your account is already created.
4. How do I acclimate myself to the system?
The digital measures page link located on the right sidebage provides basic information about entering your activities in Digital Measures.
Also your College Liaison is available to answer your questions. The Liaisons’ ongoing role is to mentor the system to existing and new faculty, and to integrate the system into your college as an administrative data source. The list of College Liaisons is provided on the main digital measures page.
5. Do I have to enter all the information myself?
All existing data in banner has be imported to the system. Data is imported at account generation and then is refreshed on an ‘as needed’ basis: Permanent Data and Yearly Data are updated at the start of the academic year; credit courses are imported once a semester to the Scheduled Teaching screen after the last day to drop a course.
6. What web browsers will let me access Digital Measures?
Digital Measures is cross-compatible with most modern browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari. Internet Explorer for the Mac is not supported, as it has been discontinued by Microsoft.
7. How often do I have to use this system?
Relevant activities during the year should be entered in preparation for this annual report.
Once your data is entered, this vital information is easily accessible and ready to use again and again. Faculty members themselves will likely want to use the system as the single point of entry for all facets of their academic and personal careers. Having the information in one place also enables Pace to demonstrate our campus’ community engagement and by showcasing our faculty’s great achievements, Pace will gain more value and prestige.
8. Once my information is in the system, how can the information be used?
The most common immediate use of the system will be for faculty members to run the annual Performance Evaluation and Vita reports. Reports can be run in Microsoft Word, as Adobe PDFs or in HTML. In Word the documents are editable and sections may be copied for other uses that faculty may have.
9. I’ve noticed that some of my citations on Books, Journals and Other Text-Based Contributions were entered by a collaborating faculty member. How does that work?
If you have collaborated with other Pace faculty members on text-based contributions, the first author to enter the citation creates the entry for all the collaborating authors, saving time and effort for all the authors; to the DM system, the entry author is the ‘owner’ of the record.
10. What documents can be attached in Digital Measures?
The Digital Measures system accepts attachments at the Store file fields located on the following screens:
- Personal and Contact Information
- Administrative Assignments
- Community College Narratives
- Workload Information
- Scheduled Teaching
- Evaluation of Teaching (i.e., Allocation of Effort)
- Artistic and Professional Performances and Exhibits
- Books, Journals and Other Text-Based Contributions
- Cooperative Extension Service Scholarship
Per the vendor, the Digital Measures system will store any type and number of file(s) in the same secure manner as the rest of the system. The files can be accessed online while using the system, and by links on reports.