MS in Internet Technology
The Internet has reshaped the way we interact with the world around us – from movies and music to information and banking. As these capabilities grow and evolve, the demand for knowledgeable individuals continues to rise. Through this innovative and interdisciplinary program, you will be provided with a solid foundation that prepares you to meet the needs of this ever-changing industry.
Program Length: 1-2 years
30 Credits (effective Spring 2014)
Available online and on campus, the Internet Technology MS degree consists of a 9-credit foundational core, followed by a 12-credit concentration. All students are also required to complete the 3-credit Capstone Project, which entails the design, development and delivery of a real product for a real customer. Finally, 6 credits are earned through electives.
Within this program, students learn a wealth of skills including:
- Basics of computer networks
- Internet, database and project management
- Encryption techniques and protocols for network security
- Theory and practice for security and forensics
- Web server configuration
- Principles for user interfaces
- Internet marketing
- Network administration
- Web Server Setup, Configuration and Security Issues
- Computer and Internet Forensics
- Website Development with the Content Management System Drupal
- Design and Implement Dynamic User Interfaces with HTML5
- Managing Information Technology Outsourcing
85% of Seidenberg’s Graduate Class of 2011 reported full-time employment in their industry within one year of graduation.
With an MS in Internet Technology, you'll have the ability to pursue a wide variety of career areas in a number of highly sought-after fields. Here's a look at the growing industries, distinguished companies, and promising careers in which our recent Master's-level graduates are thriving.
Current top industries in which Seidenberg Master’s-level graduates are employed:
- Financial Services
- Health Care
Current top employers of Seidenberg Master’s-level graduates:
- Bank of New York Mellon
- Pace University
- Verizon Communications
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York
A sampling of job titles from the Graduate Class of 2011:
- Sr. Manager, Industry Solutions Group – Technology Industry
- Product Advisor – Technology Industry
- Software Developer – Financial Services Industry
- Network Engineer – Financial Services Industry
- Web Developer – Entertainment Industry
- Software QA/Test Engineer – Healthcare Industry
- IT Consultant – Self-Employed
- Technology Studies Instructor – Education Industry
This program is open to students without undergraduate preparation in a computer-related field, and no bridge courses are required for the core. Concentrations or electives that depend upon a specialized background may require an additional class. These instances can be discussed with and decided by your adviser.
The Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems at Pace University offers students a wealth of benefits for both their educations and their careers. We provide a student-oriented environment, small classes, committed teaching, research opportunities with personal faculty guidance, and partnerships with several industry leading organizations. This includes an ongoing partnership with IBM to more closely align our programs with the needs of business and industry.
Named 2012 Laureate by the Computerworld Honors Program for visionary applications of information technology promoting positive social economic, and educational change.