Refereed International Conferences and Workshops
- Engineering a Software Supported Health Risk Appraisal Method: A Joint Effort between Academia and Health Care Industry. Published in the Proceedings of IEEE sponsored Conference on Software Engineering Education & Training, February 2009, Hyderabad, India.
- Podcasts: Changing the face of e-learning. Co-authored with student Saby Tavales. Published in the Proceedings of the 2006 International Conference on e-Learning, e-Business, Enterprise Information Systems, e-Government, and Outsourcing, June 2006, Las Vegas, NV.
- Integrating Formal Methods Tools into Undergraduate Computer Science Curriculum. Published in 36th ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference Proceedings, October 2006, San Diego, CA.
- Integrating Formal Methods Tools Into Undergraduate Computer Science Curriculum. To be published in the Proceedings of the 7th Annual ACM SIGCSE Conference on Innovation and Technology in Computer Science Education (ITiCSE), June 2002, Aarhus, Denmark.
- A Transformation Mechanism to Facilitate Verification of Java Program Properties. Published in the Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics, July 2001, Orlando, FL.
- Generic Invariant Based Static Analysis Tool for Detection of Runtime Errors in Java Programs. TOOLS Pacific 2000. Published in the Proceedings, November 2000, Sydney, Australia
- A Formal Methods Based Static Analysis Approach for Detecting Runtime Errors in Java Programs. 2nd ECOOP Workshop on Formal Techniques for Java Programs -- 14th European Conference on Object-Oriented Programming.(accepted for publication) June 2000. Sophia-Antipolis, France.
- Applying an Invariant Based Approach to Detecting Illegal Array Indices in Java Programs. The Fourth World Multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics. SCI2000. (accepted). July 2000, Orlando FL.
- Detecting Null Pointer Violations in Java Programs. Proceedings 23rd Annual IEEE International Computer Software and Application Conference (COMPSAC'99). October 1999, Phoenix, AZ.
- A Generic Approach of Static Analysis for Detecting Runtime Exceptions in Java Programs. Proceedings 23rd Annual IEEE International Computer Software and Application Conference (COMPSAC'99). October 1999, Phoenix, AZ.
- Applying Static Analysis for Detecting Null Pointers in Java Programs. Proceedings 5th International Conference on Information Systems Analysis and Synthesis (ISAS'99). August 1999, Orlando, FL.
- Code Synthesis based on Object-Oriented Design Models and Formal Specifications, Xiaoping Jia & Sotiris Skevoulis. Published in the Proceedings of the 22nd Annual IEEE International Computer Software and Application Conference (COMPSAC'98). August 1998, Vienna, Austria, pp. 390396.
- JAIDE: A Formal Methods Based Student Assistant Tool in Developing Java Programs. Computer Science and Information Systems Journal, Editor: Dr. Petratos, ISBN: 960-88672-3-1, by the Athens Institute For Education and Research , pages: 313 – 327, June 2005.
- A Light-Weight Approach to Applying Formalization in Software Development. Journal of Automated Software Engineering (under preparation)
- A Light-Weight Approch to Applying Formal Methods in Software Development. Ph.D dissertation, Available as Technical Report from The School of Computer Science, Telecommunications and Information Systems, DePaul University, June 1999.
- Venus: An Object-Oriented Development Tool. Synthesizing C++ Code from Object-Oriented Models and Specifications, A White Paper, November 1997. http://se.cs.depaul.edu/fm
- Using a LightWeight Theorem Prover in Code Synthesis and Optimization from Formal Specifications. A prototype has been developed.
- Venus: A User's Guide. DePaul ISE Internet Z archive, August 1998. http://se.cs.depaul.edu/fm
- A LightWeight Approach to Formal Methods. Published in the Proceedings of the Software Engineering Symposium, DePaul University. May 1997, Chicago, IL.
- Stochastic Music Composition. Thesis submitted as partial requirement for my BS in Mathematics degree (available in Greek), Department of Mathematics, University of Patras. June 1988, Patras, Greece.
Visit Dr. Sotiris Skevoulis' Web site - http://csis.pace.edu/~skevoulis/