STEM Camp 2013
Are you a high school student grades 10-12? Well… What are YOU doing this summer?
The Pace University School of Education and Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems are pleased to announce the 1st annual STEM Camp at Pace University.
We are seeking a motivated group of student’s grades 10-12 in the metropolitan area to be our ‘High School Students in Residence’ for three weeks this summer.
Whether you are a programmer, developer, gamer, artist, designer, architect, environmentalist, engineer or are simply looking to explore new territory, you will find a creative place to develop your interests and skills at STEM camp.
YOUR STEM CAMP GUIDE (What to expect):
- Duration: July 15th-August 2nd / Monday-Thursday 9:30am-4pm
- You will be working in small teams creating, designing, and implementing mobile apps based on your interests!
- Presentation of the mobile apps: Friday, August 2nd (Final day of camp) Your family and friends are invited to join.
- New to the world of computing? Don’t worry, we will have professional mentors on hand each day, as well as Pace University faculty, undergraduate and graduate students excited to lend a helping hand.
- The camp is completely FREE
- Lunch will be provided each day
- Expect 1-2 offsite visits per week (Field Trips!)
- FREE monthly metro card for your commute
- Guest Lectures from industry professionals
- *Optional* community service working with ©Tech Kids Unlimited part time for 1 week
- Expect to form new friendships, network with industry professionals and pre-professionals, explore new interests, and have fun!
TO BE CONSIDERED:
- Fill out and return the application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application Deadline: June 23rd
- You must be a High School Student enrolled in grades 10-12 in the Fall of 2013
*Notification of acceptance will be July 1st 2013*