Pace University - Student Development and Campus Activities Office (SDACA)
Leadership Graduate Assistantship
The fundamental purpose of the Center for Student Development and Campus Activities at Pace University's New York City campus is to promote learning. We are committed to the education and development of students into responsible, well rounded and self -reliant individuals.
We will provide a balance of challenges and opportunities. We will recognize each student as an individual, expose all students to differences, and reveal their similarities in order to facilitate a deeper understanding of themselves and others. We will develop educationally purposeful environments and social communities designed to engage students in leadership development and to involve students in campus life.
The Center for Student Development and Campus Activities will systematically assess its effectiveness through a continuous process of self -evaluation and staff development. We will strive to clarify our role based upon the needs of our students and other constituencies, and we will build working partnerships within the university community.
What We Do
- Student Organization Advisement
- Event Planning (Organizational and University wide)
- Leadership Programs
- First Year and Transfer Student Orientation
General Position Description
- Serve as the primary on-site evening events coordinator
- Hire, train and supervise evening events student staff
- Work with Assistant Director of Student Development to develop, implement and coordinate leadership programs (Speakers Series, Annual Leadership Conference, Leadership Honors Society)
- Assist Greek Advisor
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Organized, Attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Publisher), basic knowledge of HTML, Adobe, etc is a plus.
September 1, 2011 (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012)
Carmela Pastore, Assistant Director of Student Development
41 Park Row, 8th Floor
New York, NY 10038