The "Pace Pride" Awards
Welcome to the landing site of leadership, achievement, recogniztion and celebration. This web page has been developed to provide you with the pertinent information surrounding the Pace Pride Awards process and yearly ceremony.
The Pace Pride Awards Ceremony is an opportunity for various facets of student life to come together in celebration of accomplishments and awards of which include recognized student organizations, Greek Life, Residential Life Hall of the Year, the Jefferson Award (presented by the Center for Community Action & Research) the Yearbook Dedication, as well as the Dean’s Meritorious Award and the Trustees Award.
Date, Time and Location
The Pace Pride Awards Ceremony will take place on
Friday May 2, 2014, in the Wilcox Gym, beginning at 4:30pm.
The event will typically last 2.5 hours, inclusive of an array of assorted beverages and appetizers.
Who’s eligible to apply?
Awards are separated into one of four categories. These categories are intended to provide a venue to highlight the various aspects of student life on campus while supporting the accomplishments of all our student leaders, advisers, organizations and support staff throughout the year. These categories are as follows:
- Any recognized student organization – any recognized student organization that operates on the Pace University Pleasantville- Briarcliff campus is eligible to apply (e.g., Student Government Association Sponsored Organizations, SDCA Recognized Organizations, Honor Societies, other Social Organizations supported by a University department)
- Greek Life – any recognized Social Greek organization operating at the Pace University Pleasantville- Briarcliff campus under the recognition of the Center for Student Development & Campus Activities.
- Staff/ Faculty/ Advisors – applications within this category are available to recognized staff, faculty, administration and advisers (both on and off campus) for their distinguished service in the promotion of growth and development of our students, recognized student organizations and overall student life at Pace University Pleasantville- Briarcliff.
Administrative Invites -
New for 2013, upper level administrators will be invited to join in both the celebration and presentation of our leadership awards. This tradition, budget according, should continue.
Friday December 1, 2013 - Nominations are released via OrgSync
Monday March 3, 2014 – Invitations for general attendees are released
Thursday April 5, 2014 – Nominations are due by 5pm via OrgSync
Monday April 7, 2014 - Commencement Awards determined
Thursday April 18, 2014 – Award recipients are determined
- General invitation RSVPs are due
- Nominee invitations are sent out
- Pictures and videos for slideshow are due on Orgsync
Friday April 25, 2014 – Nominee RSVP’s are due
General Guidelines –
The following will serve as general guidelines for the logistics area of the Pace Pride Awards Ceremony.
- All award nominees will be contacted of their nomination. The top three candidates in each category, as determined by the selection committee, will be invited to attend the Awards Ceremony on May 3. Individual nominees are permitted to bring 2 guests (must be registered, and groups are permitted to bring 6 members (all must be registered as well).
- All award nominees will undergo a judicial record assessment as part of the selection process beginning in 2012- 2013.
Award recipients are to be recognized in the following manner and with the following gifts.
- Each award is presented by a member of the University community, of who will read a script for the award recipient describing both the award, the category and the recipients accomplishments.
- Awards are presented in the form of a certificate.
- At the conclusion of each award, please have the recipient, guests and the presenter pose for a photo before departing from the stage.
- There will be three additional large plaques ordered each year until all awards have plaques and a place to be presented within our community. This will take place just outside the front office door to SDCA.
- The Student Government Association President for the current year will be asked to kick off the program with a reflection on the previous year, lessons learned and memorable highlights. The speech should be no longer than 5 minutes and should be reviewed prior to the event.
- The incoming, newly elected, Student Government Association President should end the program with a 3-5 minute speech on what to look forward to for the upcoming year.
- The Student Government Association E-board and the Greek Council E-board members should be in attendance to assist in the presentation of awards. The specifics can be discussed by the E-board members and the Associate Director for Student Development & Campus Activities prior to the event.
Awards Listing and Description –
*Please find the attached Pace Pride Awards Listing.
Nominations links are within the attached document!