Student Government Association Elections
Student Government Association Polls Update - as of 10:35pm Tuesday April 15
Total votes cast - 855!
The Chair of the Elections Committee has confirmed the following official results!
|Position||votes (raw data)|
|President||9 write ins|
|Executive Vice President||27 write ins|
|Vice President of Finance||7 write ins|
|Luiz Ribiero Filho||394|
|Vice President of Programming||4 write ins|
|Vice President of Administration||5 write ins|
|Vice President for Unity & Social Justice||4 write ins|
Download the Student Government Association Candidate Application Information
Packet for the 2014 Elections.
The elections committee is charged with providing a free, fair, and accessible election process each year for the Student Government Association Executive Board. They aim to make this process as open and transparent as possible for the entire Pace University-Pleasantville community through a series of policies and expectations that are in line with the Student Government Association Constitution. Any questions about the elections process can be directed to the Election Committee members:
|Charlie Link, Student Representative||
Assoc. Director, SDCA and Exec. Advisor, SGA
|Arianna Abramson, Student Representative||
Prof. Paul Londrigan
Legislative Advisor, SGA
|Moley Fahnbulleh, Student Representative||Jonathan Alvarez, Student Representative|
Eligibility of Candidates
(Please additionally review the requirements and responsibilities of your desired position as outlined in the SGA Constitution)
- Full time, registered, undergraduate Pace University (Pleasantville) student with at least 24 academic credits
- No current disciplinary probation or sanction at the time s/he is sworn in
- Must have a minimum QPA of 2.50
- Must not be on the executive board of any student organization at the time s/he is in office except for a Greek Organization and/or Hall Council
- Must have served as a member of a SGA Committee or as an organization executive board member for a minimum of two semesters prior to swearing in. The semester in which the election occurs may count as the second semester.
Election Process Information (2014)
1. Student Government Association Candidate Applications are available online via http://www.orgsync.com. To access the application directly, please visit https://orgsync.com/9233/forms/66971. All documentation (except the petition) must be submitted online no later than 5pm on March 7th. The OrgSync application will automatically close at the deadline. Petitions must be submitted in person by the same deadline.
2. Petition forms available online via http://www.orgsync.com and can be accessed directly by visiting https://orgsync.com/9233/files/340676/show. The petition form must contain a minimum of 100 signatures from full time, registered, undergraduate Pace University (Pleasantville) students. The complete petition form must be submitted no later than 5pm on March 7th to the Assocaite Director of SDCA in Kessel.
3. Position statements and candidate photos will be collected by all applicants via the online OrgSync application. Only confirmed candidates’ information will be forwarded to The Pace Chronicle. This information will also be posted on the SGA Elections webpage (www.pace.edu/student-development-plv/sga-elections).
4. The final list of all approved candidates on the official ballot will be announced on March 11th.
5. Formal campaigning can begin no earlierthan 9am on Monday, March 24th. All campaign materials must be approved by Student Development & Campus Activities before use, distribution, and/or copying. Please refer to the election policies in this packet for specific explanation of “campaigning”. Materials must be approved by SDCA professional staff.
6. Campaigning will only take place between 9am Monday, March 24th until 3pm Friday, April 4th.
7. Elections will take place starting April 7th at 10:00am and polls will close on April 11th at 3pm. Voting will take place electronically through a secure online voting program (VoteNet). Election stations will be set-up in Miller (near café), Kessel (near Café), and Mortola (near entrance) and will be run by the Elections Committee, the current SGA Eboard, SDCA Graduate Assistants, and SDCA professional staff.
8. Updates will be posted on the elections website on Monday (4/7) by 6pm, Tuesday (4/8) by 6pm, Wednesday (4/9) by 6pm, and Thursday (4/10) by 6pm. Candidates will be emailed final results no later than 6pm Monday (4/14). Website updates and a campus-wide email will be released no later than on Saturday (4/14) by 6pm. Candidates will be officially introduced to Student Government Association on Friday, April 18th at 12:15pm.
9. Please see the list of important dates and required events below.
Tuition Remission (TR) is available as follows - President will receive five (5) hours of TR per semester and all other positions will receive four (4) hours of TR per semester.
- All TR availability is based on budgetary approval.
- TR eligibility is determined by financial aid packages - please consult with Financial Aid to check your eligibility
- Cash refunds will not be given in lieu of ineligibility to receive TR funding. As a result, your position will be compensated by your genuine interest and need to serve Pace University students.
- TR may affect student and parent loan amounts - please consult with Financial Aid to confirm possible changes to your account and/or loans
- You are responsible for your Pace University bill. TR will be applied to you account by October 15th and February 15th of each semester.
Each executive officer will receive $1000.00 per semester (awarded at the end of each semester)
Each executive officer is expected to schedule ten (10) office hours not including weekly SGA Eboard meetings and weekly SGA meetings. Office hours must be clearly posted for students and must be adhered to by officers.
Important Dates (2014)
|February 1st||Elections packet for all interested candidates will be available (online).|
|SGA Informational - Come learn about the roles, responsibilities, and benefits of running for a SGA position from the current Exeuctive Board! Location: Miller 21|
|SGA Informational - Come learn about the roles, responsibilities, and benefits of running for an SGA position from the current Executive Board! Location: Conference Rooms ABCD, Kessel|
|All candidate election packets/applications are due on OrgSync which will be reviewed by Shawn Livingston, Associate Director of SDCA, for approval. Petition forms must be submitted to SDCA - this form is not available for submission on OrgSync.|
|March 11th||Final list of all approved candidates for the official ballot will be announced.|
|Candidate meeting to explain policies. Location: SGA Office|
|Campaiging begins. All campaign materials must be approved by SDCA.|
|Debate - All candidates will participate in a debate which includes questions from the Pace University community, moderated by the current SGA Executive Board. – Gottesman Room in Kessel Student Center|
Debate - All candidates will participate in a debate which includes questions from the Pace University community, moderated by the current SGA Executive Board. – Pace Perk, Briarcliff Campus
|Polls open and will be administered by Vote-Net. The election process will be monitored by the Elections Committee, current Executive Board and SDCA. All candidates will have the opportunity to table in the middle of the voting week (April 9rd at 12.20pm) to spread the word about voting.|
|Polls close. Votes will be tabulated and verified.|
|April 14th||An email will be sent to all candidates announcing results. Website updates and campus-wide email will be released by 6pm. The elected Executive Board will be officially introduced at the 12:15pm SGA meeting on April 18th.|
|April 25th||The 2014-2015 Executive Board will be officially sworn in at the 12:15pm SGA Meeting.|
For more information on Executive Board transition training dates, please download the application information packet.
Last updated: Spring 2014