Setters Leadership Program (SLP)
The Setters Leadership Program (SLP) was created in Spring 2012 as a premier, three-tiered leadership development and education certificate program open to all Pace University (Pleasantville) students. The Setters Leadership Program is service-focused and grounded in the change process. It is unique to Pace University and designed by Pleasantville staff, faculty, and students. The Setters Leadership Program ultimately advances and influences the student leadership culture on campus.
Tuesday, August 2nd, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. Priority Deadline - Sunday, June 12th by 11:59 p.m.
(Click the "Apply Now" green button on the right.)
|What are the requirements?
||What are the benefits of SLP?
- Candidates must complete application by application deadline. Applications for Cohort #6 (Fall 2016) are due Tuesday, August 2nd by 11:59 p.m. (Priority Deadline Sunday, June 12th by 11:59 p.m.: Preference will be given to early applicants)
- Minimum GPA requirement: 2.5
- Incoming freshmen and rising sophomores qualify to be SLP scholars; rising juniors and seniors qualify to be SLP mentors.
- Attendance at an overnight off-campus retreat (August 29-31, 2016), six (6) workshops per semester, a semesterly reception, and completion of the "Tier Transition" requirements.
- Leadership competencies you can use in job and internship interviews that will set you apart from other candidates. You will be able to explain and prove to future employers that you are qualified and ready for the professional world--perhapseven more than their current entry-level employees--due to your understanding of the leadership process.
- Leadership advising opportunities from the Leadership Advisory Board and SLP Mentors.
- SLP jacket and patches (displaying which SLP Tiers you have successfully transition through), other program giveaways, and apparel.
- Recognition at graduation, program completition awards, and a special awards ceremony for completing all three tiers.
- Connections and friendships with other SLP Scholars.