SLP Theory Framework
The Setters Leadership Program is guided by two models:
- The Social Change Model of Leadership Development
- Servant Leadership
The Setters Model of Leadership Development
The Setters Leadership Framework is the primary model that guides the program’s success.
- "Leadership is a process, not a position."
- A central tenet of this model is that leadership should be focused on making change that results in a better world and a better society for one's self and others.
- Leadership is value-based, inclusive, collaborative, and accessible to all people.
The Social Change Model is an approach to leadership development focused on the process of enacting social change from multiple perspectives. The "Social Change" leader strives to embody the seven characteristics listed below, and we have adopted these as the core values of the Setters Leadership Program:
- Consciousness of Self
- Common Purpose
- Controversy with Civility