Student Gathering Places
New York City Campus
* Café 101
* The Spotlight Café
* The newly renovated Eddie Layton Student Union is a great place to meet with friends. Special functions that take place at the student union include ethnic and cultural festivals, café nights, award dinners, luncheons, and various annual events. The following facilities make up the Eddie Layton Student Union and may be reserved through Student Development and Campus Activities:
* The Peter Fingesten Art Gallery is the site of art exhibits by students throughout the academic year.
* Meditation Room is available for quiet, peaceful thought, meditation, contemplation, or prayer
* Meeting Room A is available for use by student organizations.
* Philip A. Fulvi Reading Room is a 24-hour quiet place for you to study.
* New media and film theater
* A newly renovated Multipurpose Room on B-Level, campus east provides students with space to study and schedule events.
The Film Committee of the Programming and Campus Entertainment Board selects a series offilms to be shown during the year in the student union. In addition, documentaries, slide presentations, and films sponsored by departments and student organizations are shown here throughout the year.
Jeanette and Morris Kessel Student Center is more than just another building on the Westchester campus in Pleasantville. It is the core of student life. The multilevel structure houses dining facilities, lounges, student conference rooms, student government, and student organization offices. The building is also home to the bookstore, student mailboxes, the Information Center, and administrative offices for Student Development and Campus Activities, the Dean for students, International Programs and Services, Multicultural Affairs, Adult Services, and Vice President for Student Affairs.
The Setters' Overlook Café is a popular spot for jazz-at-noon concerts and other entertainment. A wide terrace with a lawn sloping to Choate Pond is the setting for barbecues, rallies, receptions, and other special events.
Briarcliff has five residence halls, playing fields, outdoor volleyball, basketball, and tennis courts. The cafeteria building has a full dining facility and the Commons. At night the Commons is transformed into Pace Perk, a coffeehouse run by Student Development and Campus Activities. The coffeehouse serves as an entertainment venue, as well as a late-night relaxation spot.