Course 1 - 4
This program is closely modeled on Pace School of the Performing Arts renowned Musical Theater BFA Program. Led by Pace faculty, the summer program is designed to train the unique performer. We offer you the opportunity to expand and refine your talents while preserving your individuality.
The Musical Theatre training at Pace is a process-based program that will teach the synthesis of acting, singing and movement skills needed to provide the foundation for a truthful performance technique.
You will spend your two weeks immersed in dance, singing, and acting classes designed to unlock your artistic potential. As a student in the Musical Theater Summer Scholars Program your training will include:
- Daily dance (Jazz, Ballet, Musical Theater, Tap)
- Song and Monologue Interpretation
- Repertoire Building
- Audition technique
- Scene Study
- Character Building
- And more!
Beyond this, we will offer master classes from faculty and NYC-based industry professionals in everything from resume writing and audition protocol to the college application process.
We look forward to sharing our NYC home with the young theater artists of tomorrow!
* Musical theater requires an audition video. The video should be uploaded to a youtube account and you should provide the link to Pace University for review in your application packet. Please make sure that your video is not proivate, otherwise we will not be able to view your video. The video should contain the following:
- One monologue under 90 seconds from a contemporary, published, full-length play.
- Two contrasting 32-bar song selections (as separate clips) - contrasting could mean a difference in style and/or vocal range.
- OPTIONAL: A clip featuring you as a dancer in a show, competition, or other solo dance performance.