The description below outlines policies, procedures, and practices in the areas of dining services at Pace University. This page will be updated as new information becomes available.
- Use of local master distributor and vendors to minimize emissions from shipping and support local NY Metro Area economy
- Implemented sustainable paper “boats” as service option at Deli and Grill stations.
- Aluminum containers have been phased out.
- Natural and Organic snacks and beverages available in facilities.
- Reusable linen tablecloths used on all food tables for catering.
- Both the Law School and NYC campus routinely offer reusable china dishes and stainless cutlery.
|Dining services has many areas to consider for sustainable practices. With the responsibility of feeding the university body, it is a busy intersection of necessity and opportunity to develop and maintain sustainable practices. From the origin of foods and beverages, the type of food, the waste, the cutlery, dishes, containers, paper products, dining services has a significant role to play in greening the campus.|
Chartwells, Pace Service Provider:
|If you have an item to submit for posting to this page, or would like to share your ideas, concerns, comments and feedback about sustainability at Pace, send us an email.|