December 2004 meeting minutes
Minutes of the Pleasantville/Briarcliff Administrative Staff Council Meeting
Wednesday, December 8, 2004
Butcher Suite, Campus Center, Pleasantville
The meeting was called to order at 8:50am by Joe Kelly, co-chair. Introductions were made.
Pat Kelly: Employee recognition week:
December 13 - Briarcliff and Pleasantville
December 14 – White Plains and Law School
December 15 – PNY
All begin at 2:p.m.
- Connie Serafin: Knitting circle. Joe Kelly will send out email to see who is interested in joining. Contact Connie Serafin, Alba Shane, or Karen DeSantis.
- Dan Robinson: Financial Aid workshops in January and February of 2005. Dates will be announced on the Financial Aid web page.
- Molly Huppuch: Daffodil Days, she needs help, so please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Anne Murphy, Marietta Savino and Eda Bueti are all retiring, if anyone wants to drop them a line.
- Benefits Committee: No meeting as of yet. Will meet next year.
- Service Committee: Diane Pergola: Clout Toy Drive. All toys have been distributed. If anyone still wants to contribute, please contact Diane.
- Faculty Council: Karen DeSantis: Friday, December 10, at 3:30 p.m. in the Gottesman Room will be the joint Faculty Council and Administrative Staff Council holiday party.
- The executive committee of Faculty Council sent a letter to all faculty. Faculty feels that the Pace government is broken. The faculty would like to meet with the Board of Directors to plan ideas on how to make changes. They feel that the number of V.P.’s and Provosts of the university should be reviewed.
- Marie Werner would like comments from anyone who has spoken to a student who is leaving Pace, please contact her at email@example.com.
Special Guest Speakers Alba Shane and Carolyn Lengers – Training and Development.
Ø Dr. Ewers initiated the idea for a training and development department and the program officially began offering workshops in September 1993.
In 1993 there were 17 programs and 395 attendees.
In 2002-2003 there were 135 programs and 897 attendees.
Ø The events calendar is available on the HR website – Learn to Excel – Calendar of events. Workshops can also be found on the University Events Calendar. Course descriptions are linked from the calendar and from the Learn to Excel pages.
Ø There are three certificate programs, Offica Administration, Management Development, and Basic IMO.
Ø On the L to E website there is also a training resource library. Anyone may borrow tapes, videos, and books from the library at any time.
Ø L to E also keeps a database of all workshops taken.
Ø New employee orientation program. New employees receive a CD at orientation. Marilyn Weigold worked with training and development for the “Identification with Pace” program. All new full time employees must take the new expanded orientation program. Part time new employees are welcome to access the Blackboard community of Identification with Pace, but it is not mandatory. Employees need to contact L & E to get access to the Blackboard community of Identification with Pace.
Ø Would you like to facilitate a L to E workshop? Contact the department.
Ø Topic Seminar Series – coming in February or March, bringing someone in from the outside to speak about “change management”.
Ø A Leadership Conference is scheduled for June.
Special Guest Speaker Sylvia Russakoff – Pace Computer Learning Center.
Please click on this link for her PowerPoint presentation.