October 2004 meeting minutes
Minutes of the Pleasantville/Briarcliff Administrative Staff Council Meeting
Wednesday, October 6, 2004
The meeting was called to order at 8:45 a.m. by Joe Kelly, co-chair. Introductions were made.
- Pat Kelly – University Fest. Registration form on website. First celebration –
Homecoming/family weekend NY/PLV transportation. All invited
October 22 –24, 2004. Contact: email@example.com or Barbara Haight at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barbara Cunningham: - Upcoming IMO meetings
IT needs – IT website
- Connie Serafin: - Health Care Unit
Due to vaccine shortage announced Oct. 6, 2004, flu shots will not be held.
Menegitis shots will be available Nov. 3rd 12 – 4pm in PLV and Nov. 4th 12 – 4pm in NY. Further information will be forthcoming from Yvonne Ramirez.
Race for the Cure – Sunday, Sept. 5, 2004, Ext. 33208 – email@example.com.
- Carolyn Lengers – Online Learn to Excel calendar. New Program Business Communications, White Plains, Oct. 19, 2004 Communication skills.
- Karen Geldart, Diversity Week is next week – Jean Day – Monday, Oct. 11th
Contact Shanelle Henry Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phyllis Bradbury, Telecommunications: Benefits Committee – Review aspects, visibility, make recommendations, video conferencing, emergency day care, flexible –discussed.
Nominations for additional representatives – people have to be elected. A Sign up list was distributed
The Service Committee needs volunteers for its two programs:
Clout toy drive
Picnic Committee needs volunteers
- Administrative Staff Council and Faculty Council have proposed a joint Holiday party on December 10, 2004. We will be asking you via email to vote yay or nay to this joint celebration.
- PUAC – Barabara Cunningham repoted that this committee is not active at this point.
Guest Speaker – William Batina – Energy Conservation
Con Ed provides energy for Pace. We will be going to Hybrid in the future.
Energy Annual Cost – 6 million dollars for Pace
Natural gas pricing
Energy Awareness begins in October and will continue through Spring 2005.
Web based meters
Energy Saving contests
Poster Design contests
Motto is “Save a watt – save a dollar”
Solar project in the Environmental Center on PLV campus is pending
Guest Speakers - Peggy Carracio, Alex Burka – DOIT
email@example.com must be accessed only through Internet Explorer
Have your IMO do critical updates on your office computers by Tuesday, Oct. 12, 2004. All computers that are vulnerable will be disabled from the Internet.