December 2008 minutes
Minutes of the Pleasantville/Briarcliff
Administrative Staff Council Meeting
Christina Blenke, Heather Novak, Donna Schilio, Colette Magnotta, Christine Stephens, Sue Deigan, Bill McGrath, Mary Lieto, Andrea Winters, Theresa Cichetti, Mary Ann Petock, AShlia Alerte, Susan Maxam, Karen Buckwald, Aisha Moyla, Betsy Garti, Carol Turco, Elaine Scanlon.
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Butcher Suite, Kessel Campus Center, Pleasantville
· No report
· Benefits Committee – Andrea Winters announced that the next benefits meeting will take place on 2/6/09 Additional comments added by Fran O'Gara: Tutiton Remission Benefits were discussed including that Pace offers the most gracious remission benefit for employees in comparison research. Currently this benefit is being reviewed. Open Enrollment begins in July. TIAA Cref is will be having one on one sessions soon.
· Middle States Representative – Karen Desantis updated the council on the progress of the university self-study. The updated revision of the document is available at www.pace.edu/middlestates. Staff interested in knowing more about this group are encouraged to contact Karen at email@example.com
· Faculty Council Representative – Karen Desantis reported on the last Faculty Council meetingwhich included presentations on retention and the impact of the economy on the university. Provost Brackett discussed the Adjunct Union Agreement. The Faculty Council approved the handbook and it will be submitted to the PNY council for a vote. The summer tuition discount was discussed but not agreed upon. Faculty Council's next meeting will be held 12/5/08.
· Picnic Committee –no report
· Service Committee – Dan Botting thanked everyone for their participation in the toy drive.
Guest Speaker: Bill McGrath, Senion Vice President for Administration
1 Areas of oversight include DOIT, Human Resources and Buildings and Grounds.
2 Main focus is alligning areas of oversight to the university's current strategic plan.
3 Issues of in interest include: 25% dorming increase in NYC, 75% of undergraduates are living on campus in NYC
4 Major area of expertise includes Process Change. This was a major component of the Process Change Workshop at the end of last year. If you have suggestions for simplifying a university process please email firstname.lastname@example.org
5 DOIT updates: There have been 8 interviews for the new CIO, and 3 finalists have been submitted to Whitfield, Brackett and Friedman for final selection; Banner is currently being assessed and a SASS Business Management Tool is being implemented to extract information from Banner and training will begin shortly.
6 HR update: Our new Vice President Karen Robilotta has been updating Human Resources including the new and improved Performance Appraisal which was presented to the council last month.
7 B&G update: The Sustainabiliy Committee has made great strides in reducing the university's impact on the community including Pace's participation in the NYC Mayor's Challenge and our conversion to CF light bulbs. Information about the committee can be found at /page.cfm?doc_id=32527; Dennis McGougal will retire in February
8 If staff have suggestions or queries, please send them to Aisha Moyola at email@example.com
Next Council Meeting will be held at 8:30 AM on January 7, 2009
in Butcher Suite
Heather Novak, Secretary
Westchester Administrative Staff Council