Wilson Center Faculty Fellowship Application Process 2014-2015
The Helene & Grant Wilson Center for Social Entrepreneurship was established in 2005 to serve the nonprofit community and Pace University. Devoted to honing the risk-taking spirit and managerial skills of nonprofit organizations and social enterprises, the Center was launched with a pledge of $5 million from Helene and Grant Wilson, whose philanthropic endeavors convinced them that entrepreneurial management can help social ventures increase their impact.
The Wilson Center aims to build a diverse portfolio of research projects with a focus on the identification and analysis of immediate issues facing nonprofits, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and social enterprises. To that end, the Center invites Pace University faculty members to apply for appointments as 2014-2015 Wilson Center Fellows. Fellows will serve a 1-year term (September through August). During that time, Wilson Fellows will work on specific projects (case studies and academic research are strongly preferred, interdisciplinary work is encouraged) that support the Center's mission and goals. In return, scholars will receive a $5,000 award paid as either income or expense reimbursement by the Center. Compensation in either form will be made in two installments: $2,000 upon appointment and $3,000 when the final deliverable paper has been accepted by the committee. Fellows may reapply after a 4-year hiatus.
• Faculty member at Pace, tenure-track or tenured candidates preferred.
• Submit a 1-2 page interim report in March 2015 and a final deliverable in August 2015.
• Participate in a Faculty Steering Committee for a 3-year term including the award year.
• Give permission to display work on the University’s DigitalCommons Repository.
• Participate in a Pace research showcase in the academic year following the award year.
Applications will be evaluated based on three criteria:
• Project advances the identification and analysis of immediate issues facing nonprofits and social enterprises.
• Project includes a specific, publishable, research project (case studies and academic research preferred) with a one-year deliverable deadline.
• Project engages current Pace students in the research.
By August 15, 2014, candidate should submit (1) A 1-2 page extended abstract briefly describing the proposed project and (2) a curriculum vitae. Fellows will be selected based on the strength of their applications by the Wilson Center Faculty Steering Committee, which is made up of past Fellows. It is anticipated that four Fellows will be appointed, with an expected announcement date of September 15, 2014. Please submit application materials to Rebecca Tekula, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Helene & Grant Wilson Center for Social Entrepreneurship
163 William St, 21st Floor
|About Us | Contact Us||Facebook Twitter|