Wilson Center Faculty Fellowship Application Process 2013-2014
The Helene & Grant Wilson Center for Social Entrepreneurship was established in 2005 to serve the nonprofit community and Pace University. Devoted to honing the risk-taking spirit and managerial skills of nonprofit organizations and social enterprises, the Center was launched with a pledge of $5 million from Helene and Grant Wilson, who believe that entrepreneurial management can help organizations increase their impact.
The Wilson Center aims to create thought leadership through a diverse portfolio of research projects with a focus on the identification and analysis of immediate issues facing nonprofits and social enterprises. To that end, the Center invites Pace University faculty members to apply for appointments as 2013-2014 Wilson Center Fellows. Fellows will serve a 1-year term (October thru September). During that time, Wilson Fellows will work on specific projects (case studies and academic research are strongly preferred) that support the Center's mission and goals. In return, scholars will receive a $5,000 award paid as either income ($2,000, then $3,000 at completion) or expense reimbursement by the Center. Fellows may reapply after a 4-year hiatus.
• Faculty member at Pace, tenure-track or tenured candidates preferred.
• Deliver a 1-2 page interim report in April 2014 and a final deliverable in September 2014.
• Participate in a Faculty Steering Committee for a 3-year term including the award year.
• Give permission to display work on the University’s DigitalCommons Repository.
• Participate in a Pace research showcase in the academic year following the award year.
Applications will be evaluated based on three criteria:
• Project advances the identification and analysis of immediate issues facing nonprofits and social enterprises.
• Project includes a specific, publishable, research project (case studies and academic research preferred) with a one-year deliverable.
• Project engages current Pace students in the research.
By September 15, 2013, candidate should submit (1) A 1-2 page extended abstract briefly describing the proposed project and (2) a curriculum vitae. Fellows will be selected based on the strength of their applications by the Wilson Center Faculty Steering Committee, which is made up of past Fellows. It is anticipated that four Fellows will be appointed, with an expected announcement date of October 15, 2013. Please submit application materials to Rebecca Tekula, Executive Director, rtekula [at] pace.edu
Helene & Grant Wilson Center for Social Entrepreneurship
163 William St, 21st Floor
|About Us | Contact Us||Facebook Twitter|