main navigation
my pace
Graduate Admission

1. How do I apply for Financial Aid?
In order to receive federal or state aid, graduate students must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year. You may complete the FAFSA online at

2. How do I sign my electronic FAFSA form?
You sign the FAFSA by using your Personal Identification Number (PIN) assigned by the Department of Education. If you don’t already have a Federal PIN you may request one online. You may link to this website from the FAFSA website as well.

3. Am I required to report my parental/spousal information on the FAFSA?
Students pursuing graduate level degrees are automatically deemed independent by the Department of Education. Therefore, parental information is not required when completing your FAFSA. If you are married, however, you must include your spouse’s information on the form.

4. Must I complete a FAFSA to receive Institutional funds?
Students are not required to file a FAFSA to be considered for Pace academic scholarship funds. However, in order to receive almost all other forms of aid, the FAFSA form must be completed. We highly recommend that this form be completed each year in the event you find yourself in need of federal/state funds during the academic period.

5. Is there a FAFSA filing deadline?
The FAFSA filing timeline for graduate students is quite relaxed. Each year’s form is available online for completion as early as January 1. If you wish to have financial aid funds applied to your semester charges we recommend that you complete the FAFSA form at least 4-6 weeks prior to the payment date.

6. What is the FAFSA federal school code for Pace University?

  • New York City campus: 002791
  • Pleasantville campus: 002792
  • Law School: 002727

7. How long after I complete the FAFSA will I receive a financial aid package?
In most instances financial aid packages are mailed to students 2-4 weeks after the FAFSA form is filed, providing there are no processing issues with your application and the Department of Education Processing Center.

8. How much am I eligible to receive?
In addition to graduate scholarships, eligible students (U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens, enrolled in at least 6 credits per semester, pursuing a degree, not in default on prior student loans) may receive Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Student loans totaling up to $20,500 per year. The Unsubsidized Stafford Loan is not need-based.

Graduate students may also apply for the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. PLUS loans require that students be credit-approved. Eligible students may borrow up to the cost of attendance minus any other financial aid received.

9. Am I eligible for New York State Tuition Assistance Program Grant (TAP)?
As of 2010-2011, New York State Higher Education Service Corp. terminated graduate-level TAP Grant funding.

10. How do I answer the enrollment question on the FAFSA?
Although graduate students enrolled in 9 credits per semester are considered by Admissions and health insurance providers to be full time students, different reporting is required for completing the FAFSA:

  • 1-5 credits – less than half-time
  • 6-8 credits – half time
  • 9-11 credits – ¾ time
  • 12 or more credits – full time